Support MechSpecs - Visit Our Sponsors

Author Topic: CTF-3D New PopTart (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 2x JJ, XL280)  (Read 4089 times)

Rated 4 times
Good Build

ArkNemesis

CTF-3D New PopTart (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 2x JJ, XL280)
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »
Hello,

This build is dedicated to PEEFsmash. I was looking his stream this morning and he dealed enormous damage with this build (or something close to this).

At least 2 consecutive matchs, he finished the match with a score of more than 110 points and more than 750 damage. Impressive (but I am still a newbie :) )

Soy

• Community Veteran
Re: CTF-3D New PopTart (2xPPC, 2xAC/5, JJ, XL280)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »
It's a build we worked on before the Gauss/PPC nerf as a group within DV8; here's a couple examples of it that are more in line with what some of us run in it:

Personally I have a build that is exact same, at least conceptually, but has a slightly wep loadout thats different from these 2 examples.

But nevertheless - good job getting close to these builds, Ark.

Btw the two I listed, particularly the first one, are very competitive builds if you can get a handle on the XL and learn to not get it blown out more than 5-10% of rounds.

This has been a sort of 'secret' build that was designed with Gauss/PPC nerf in mind, but, now that it's sorta coming out and people are converging on similar ideas again I figured it was a good time to show this in smurfy. I'm not a fan of it so I was never planning on making a build sheet or showcase for it, but, if you get the concept behind lowering that arm and whatnot, then you're on the path to real min/maxing in this particular mech design.

For those wondering, you can STD with a 270 but you don't have much ammo and you're looking at 10-12 DHS.
Mah boi! This peace is what all true warriors strive for.

Strychnine

• Benefactor
Re: CTF-3D New PopTart (2x PPC, 2x AC5, 2x JJ, XL280)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
I have this build on my 3D atm. Needless to say I agree with Soy - I think it works fine :P Just the XL handling is the only concern.

I also toyed with the idea of 2 x JJ's with the XL300. I think its how I'm running it atm.

This was the first time out.

Bront

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »
I dropped 2 tons of ammo for a little extra armor and AMS, and found that works very well.  The AMS is particularly useful in PUG Skirmishes, which have seen an increase in LRM use.

xmephistox

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:39:28 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0VWPU-vOI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0VWPU-vOI</a>

knightsljx

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
5/5. like clubbing baby seals