1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

ADR "WubStar" (5xcMPLas)
3.75/5,

4 ratings

Discussion in 'Adder Builds' started by epikt, Jun 17, 2015.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

\o/

So here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the Adder you've always wanted!

Nothing special to say, just poke and do your best not to be the primary target, and you'll be the terror of the battlefield.

Omnipods options:

On side torsos I recommend the Bs for a small heat gen quirk (-2% each) ; alternatively As give you a cooldown bonus (-2% each) but the mech is already hot, you can't really benefit from cooldown on the long run.
    B right arm (-2% cooldown) and D left arm (-6% duration) are the only arm omnipods with laser quirks and are obvious choices.
    CT and legs are personnal preference, since none of those omnipods gives laser related quirks.

NB: some free tonnage left (0.3t), you can shave a significant amount of head and arm armor to mount an additionnal DHS or a TC.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    enileph and PyckenZot like this.
  2. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

4/5,
    The ADR we have always wanted :)

3. Remarius

Remarius Space Pimp

That's a lot of heat imo. I love my 4 MPL ADR I've been using since they were launched but 5 just seems too much.

4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Hell Yeah. But is this the adder we deserve?:smuggrin:

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

True it's hot.
    But from the drops I had today I found it pretty manageable (and I kept dropping on Caustic Valley, which makes a good crash test), as long as you're not forced into a sustained fight. With a 40% heat rise from a single alpha, you certainly need fire discipline and some cool-off time.

And since the Adder can't take much damage, I prefer to minimize exposure and go for the highest alpha.

I find this build pretty reliable, my damage output is consistent at 400-500ish (plouf, plouf, plouf). Those are not great numbers, and I don't think you can achieve massive damage if the other players are half decent, but it's solid enough.

6. Remarius

Remarius Space Pimp

I suppose its a playstyle thing. For me the Adder has always been about that sustained damage. Firing repeatedly as you weave around pilots engaging others. It gained a lot of survivability with the quirk changes.

7. Ragnar RedHawk

Ragnar RedHawk Well-Known Member

Oh look! It's exactly like that urban mech that kicks A**. It's even got the same speed and firepower!!

8. Ragnar RedHawk

Ragnar RedHawk Well-Known Member

3/5,
    The donkey punch adder is a lot more potent.

9. Keshav Murali

Keshav Murali New Member

4/5,
    I run this with a bit less armour (strippin') and an extra heatsink. Easily one of the best adder builds right now :)

10. Lordhammer

Lordhammer New Member

4/5,
    Used a very similar build extensively but with 17 dhs total. Very underestimated build.