1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Funny ANH-1A "Cosmic Annihlator" (3xRAC2, 2xLG, STD280)

Discussion in 'ANH-1A' started by Cosmic Avenger, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cosmic Avenger

Cosmic Avenger New Member

Warning - This build require Skills

Expect highghly rewardfull destruction upon your path.

2. Lorgot

Lorgot Junior Member

I don’t see the point of standard engines unless your a brawler, and to me, I’m not sure an annihilator would keep up with the front even with its full engine soooo, yeah, otherwise I would up the ammo, unless your very conservative or have all skills and add a laser in there cause why not. Also the cases are almost always a waste of space, try to keep the explody ammo in legs, head, and arms preferably
    Good guide for stuff like that here: https://www.mechspecs.com/resources/all-about-ammo.33/
    Otherwise here’s my take on your build:

3. Dagonus

Dagonus Benefactor

I agree with @Lorgot about the LE here. The STD isn't needed if you arne't using the CT hardpoints. However,I think the Laser is unnecessary. I'd rather bring more ammo or DHS.

If you have to give up a side, give up the right side.

If the leg armor feels a bit light, shave a half ton of LGR armmo. 50 should still be plenty, especially with ammo skills.

Lorgot likes this.
  4. Lorgot

Lorgot Junior Member

I don’t think going below the max engine for annihilator is good, in my opinion
    Also, why did you put extra DHS in? There shouldn’t be any extra heat.
    Lastly, would replacing a AC/2 and the LGR with regular GR make the build better?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  5. Dagonus

Dagonus Benefactor

If you're going to be slow, you may as well be slow. 3kph isn't going to make or break you. If your team NASCARs, you're dead at either speed. If your team rushes in without you, you're dead at either speed. If your time decides to trade fire and wait for the annihilator, then they'll wait for 45 or 48.

RAC heat doesn't show up well in smurfy. Not having an ANH-1A and having not field tested this, I don't know exactly how hot it is. My instinct is to err on the cooler side since even with LE300, hiding to cool off is not an option.

I think you lose too much sustained DPS, which seemed to be the big thing the build did. Maybe the increased pinpoint would let you punch through exposed locations better though.

Lorgot likes this.
  6. Cosmic Avenger

Cosmic Avenger New Member

Hello everyone. I saw all your comments, and there is a few ideas arround here. I liked and tried the dual RAC2, dual gauss option. It is very cool, but it may lacks a bit of cockpit shake in my taste with the slower gauss cooldown.

The extra DHS was necessary to cool the mech effeectively while jamming bar go back to zero.

Anyway, if you liked the idea, but think as i did, that weapon placement and speed wasn't high enough on annihilator, you may like this another beast wich prove to be extremely effective :

https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/mal-mx90-the-unnatural-2xlgauss-2xrac2-2xlmg-2xsl.14901/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:48 AM
  7. Lorgot

Lorgot Junior Member

8. Kurbeks

Kurbeks New Member

You can now field test in training grounds any mech from Store. Also can edit it before in mech lab. You just can''t skill it. But you can skill and don't save any mech you alredy own and try it in training grounds.