Casual ARC-5W "Ghost-buster" (4xSRM6+A, 3xSSRM6, XL295)

Thread in 'ARC-5W' started by Falconium, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Obviously it's EXTREMELY risky to run an XL engine on a Heavy, especially one with such a brawley build. But if you care to risk it, this build gives you a strong punch with both SRMs and Streaks; and the icing on the cake is that you can fire both simultaneously without any ghost-heat (hence the title).

Runs a bit hot, so I do recommend using only the SRMs in a tight spot, unless you're targeting Lights of course. Additionally, you can drop a ton of ammo for a BAP, if ECM is a concern, but with the amount of "backup" SRMs this build has, I really don't think it's necessary.

Alternate LightEngine setup:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

For alpha extremists. Total heat-penalty for firing all weapons together is still "only" 5.37 heat. I don't recommend running this, but if you're crazy enough, knock yourself out! :D

3. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the SRM 2 and SSRM 2 are in a different ghost heat category, which makes them eligible for mixing into the pie. So you could do something like this and have no ghost heat:

Or you could go all in on the SRM 2, which gives you the opportunity to max your engine and up your survivability. Less firepower and slightly less sustained dps, so it's definitely a trade off:

Falconium likes this.
  4. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

Ohhh I really have to try this...

5. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast