AS7-D-DC "The Shield" (1x Gauss, 2x LL, 1x AC2, 3x SSRM2, AMS, ECM, STD300)

Thread in 'AS7-D-DC' started by ArtistX, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ArtistX

ArtistX New Member

This and (Variants of it) have been my goto D-DC Mech for the last few weeks.. but after trying out streaks instead of a mix of SRM6/4s I realized I had enough room for Ferro-Fibrous armor instead Endo-Steel(with the same amount of ammo I always had) and I found I liked it.... to get the most out of the AC/2+SSRMs additional DPS you hafta keep facing your opponent while laying into them and the extra armor does help.

This mech isn't bad in a brawl since you can easily focus damage on the CT and AC/2+SSRMs are great crit seekers for cleaning up late game.

AC/2 Side notes:
    • 3x Streaks + AC/2 = More DPS than 3x SRM6s and you also miss A LOT LESS!
    • I have the AC/2 and Guass in the same weapon group... they have nearly the same range and continuously firing them together is heat neutral..
    • The AC/2 is a great suppressor making enemy mechs fall behind cover at range and allowing you to advance your position.
    • If you get close to overheating you can still spam guass+AC/2 at 7.75 dmg/s!
    • At range if it's a stationary target both the Guass and AC/2 usually hit the same spot but against moving targets you should lead with the guass in mind and follow through with some AC/2 fire.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  2. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Your post brings up an interesting point about Smurfy. The Sustained DPS takes into account all of your weapons efficiency on average, instead of just using the most efficient weapons. (Case in point, removing lasers will increase your sustained DPS).

One comment: you have ferro-fibrous armor, but no endo-steel. This is a big no-no. They both cost 14 crit slots, but even at max armor you'll get 2.5x the weight savings by using endo-steel. Drop FF, pick up ES, and you should have an extra couple tons at the Atlas level to put towards armor, ammo, DHS, and/or bigger engine.

3. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Yeah. Endo is always better than FF.

4. ArtistX

ArtistX New Member

I know but even with endo-steel I couldnt get a STD 325 and have room for the extra heatsink without dropping ammo and even more armor... no more critical slots for anything... I don't think the slight speed increase is worth it for any of the other engines... (I'm used to 300std with speed tweak) so it's one of those.... I have everything else I need so why not? situations.

5. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

The only thing I did was take out the engine, switched from FF to Endo and put in the largest engine I could.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  6. ArtistX

ArtistX New Member

What about the 2 heatsinks in the engine? and is it worth the extra 3.5 kph?

7. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

Yes. 100 tons of weaponry coming straight at you at 57kph is gonna scare anyone. Also the majority of the heat is coming from the LLs, not the SSRMs, AC/2, or Gauss. And you aren't going to be shooting all of your weapons at once either.

8. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

It's not just those 3.5 kph, but also a very improved maneuverability when brawling.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast