Invasion ASN-23 "Sassy" (3xSRM6+A, 1xJJ, XL295) + alt
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'ASN-23' started by CarloArmato, Apr 16, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

I'm really astonished nobody already published this build.

Works in both scout (any map where brawl is expected) and invasion (preferably hot maps where speed is needed for cap / skirmish, e.g. a conquest match).

Good speed, good ammo count, 10% SRM cooldown, good armor quirks, jump jet for quick turning / avoid fall damage / climb short steps, artemis upgrade for precise shots even at range. Don't hug the target: keep you range at 150-200 meters and exploit both torso yaw and artemis precision to pinpoint your damage and spread the incoming damage as much as you can. If you are facing a target with pinpoint weapons, do the opposite: circle the closest you can or break contact if it can track your movement.

Skill wise, don't bother operations, go firepower (ammo and cooldown, heat gen is not mandatory but welcome, range is actually preferable), survival (most of armor nodes), mobility (at least 3 speed tweaks) and radar depravation.

You will love this build.

ALT: previous version with +1 DHS and lower engine

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    I've seen Needa_Pickle wrecking with this thing. I personally still prefer the ASN-21 with 4SRM4 but this is undeniably very good.

3. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

I think with the armor quirk nerf on the ASN-21 this might be better now.

4. Dubious Squirrel

Dubious Squirrel New Member

5/5,
    Yep, this works nicely. I've been running the 21 with SRM4's but I thought I'd try this one out for the missile quirk. It's a close call but for me, this one has the edge.

5. Evvo

Evvo Well-Known Member

5/5,
    SRM alternative. Dropping from 4srm6 to 3xsrma trades away the damage from one srm to a much closer spread. Will in several cases allow you to more effectively kill an enemy with better accuracy on components, which may change the outcome of life and death and make you stay longer alive to do damage. So if you like being more effective with accuracy this is great. FYI When doing 870 ran out of ammo (5 tons). To my preference drop engine to fit another JJ and ammo.
    Highest dmg achieved after a few games: 870

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast