AWS-8R "Awful Awesome" (4x SRM6+A, 2x ER LLas, 1x MLas, AMS, STD260)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by enileph, Jul 18, 2013.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Well, The heat is actually less of the problem than you may think, since the MLas is not usually used (and you can replace it with a tag) ER LLas are for long range sniping, replace with LLas to be more heat efficient. Point blank alpha with SRM when needed, otherwise spam in groups of two.

Armor is all full except for the left arm which has nothing in it anyways.

Note: changed to std engine and ER LLas.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I hope you like sweating to the oldies

"Bad-dum, TISSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Yes the Heat Production of this build is a matter due to the new Heat Penalty Rule after latest Patch. And with an XL Engine its even less safe to get into close range fights with the SRMs. Because of the large hitbox its easy to lose Side Torsos. Why dont you go Standard Engine and SRM4 Pods. Makes the build more viable for Brawling.

Blagg

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Tried it with the heat penalty, ONE weapon over the limit is actually not too bad, so firing 4 SRM6 generates the heat of like 5SRM6, maybe lil a bit more.

5. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

good to hear! I really want to get another Awesome, perhaps this will be my second.

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

I've been looking for a good way to regain the 8R's honor, and this is a great way to do it.

However, if you downgrade to two of the SRMs to 4s, you can upgrade to Endo, full armor (or CASE) and a STD300.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  7. Throet

Throet Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing a lot more of these from here on out, due to the recent changes with SRM ghost heat from 3 to 4 free max alpha. Here's my take on this build:

Edit: I can't get this to display correctly, despite having tried all four link methods from Smurfy's MechLab...
    Edit2: Got it!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    The Verge likes this.
  8. enileph

enileph Star Lord

This was back when finding some mech carrying all those SRM and energy is hard.

Now, even this can happen if you want (though I would have it fitted other ways with less laser so I can have ECM and JJ)

or this:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast