AWS-8R Perfect Hybrid (2x LRM15+A, 2x LLas, 2x SSRM2, TAG, BAP, XL300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by Aylek, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This build is for all those of you who like LRMs, but don't like pure boating. It packs a severe LRM punch as well as serious direct fire capabilities, all paired with the utility of a TAG and the short range capabilities of double SSRM2. A BAP rounds out the loadout, both supplementing the LRMs and the Streaks. Finally, the mech is fast enough to keep up with nearly all assault and most heavy teammates.

Start by softening enemies with LRMs, either pushing enemies back into cover or supporting teammates already in battle and add in the double LLas when in range. Switch to LLas and Streaks when closing in or harassed by opposing light or medium mechs.

Grouping of the weapons is self explanatory:
    1: 2x LLas, group fire
    2: TAG
    3: 2x LRM15, group fire
    4: either LLas or LRM15 in chain fire (depends on personal preference and play style)

alternate version: Endo & STD engine (courtesy of Blagg Zear)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Interesting concept.. i will test it.. But i succeeded to do it with STD Engine. :rolleyes:

3. Aylek

OMG. I took my 8R missile boat as a starting point, but didn't even think about re-adding Endo in order to use a STD engine. Nice find! Allthough your version lacks the punch of double LLas, I'll add your version to the OP.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I'm not sure about the hitbox.Update, but if i run the XL Engine then i would try to load as many Heatsinks as possible to smash the enemies at Mid-Range with nonstop-Laser+Missile Attacks. For that i would drop Artemis. Sure you would core someone faster with Artemis, but if you could have more sustained DPS you could deal the same or even more Damage/Kill-Scores. :rolleyes:

5. Aylek

Took this out for a walk this morning for the first time since quite a while. It's still a very good build.

[​IMG]

6. Aylek

This one might make sense again with the quirks, albeit with ERLLas instead of regular ones. The Streaks are a bit questionable after the nerfs, but are still a logical choice for this because of already taking BAP anyway.