AWS-8R Perkinator (2x LLas, 3xLRM15, TAG, BAP, XL300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by ArtistX, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ArtistX

ArtistX New Member

I recently came back to MWO to try out the perks and for the recent events and here is one of my personal favorite AWESOME builds:

Unlike the other builds I've seen I've dropped armor on the left arm and keep the ammo on the right with the lasers. My original version had 2xLRM15s and 2xLRM10s but I opted to drop 1 LRM10 and replace another with a LRM15 to add a BAP which seems to be working out pretty nice for me.. BAP working at 360m is also new to me.

This build was made to take full advantage of the perks for the AWS-8R and it runs pretty cool I have no heat problems... you can swap the LLas for ERLLas if you want although the heat will be somewhat more limited and you'll miss out on some perks..

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I think the quirks on the LRM15s are good enough here to get away with just two of them. This allows to mount a STD engine for added survivability. I'd never put all the ammo in the RA as it became much more important mounting 2 LLAs. Also, don't stuff that much ammo into your legs AND lower the leg armor...