AWS-8R Poor Man's Omni (2x LLas + 4x SRM6, XL265)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by Darkblood, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Darkblood

Darkblood Active Member

This is the SRM version of my "Poor Man's Omni" explained in [this post]. The LRM version is [here].

Pretty decent alpha, kind of fast for an Awesome

What I normally do with this guy is try to sneak close to their support units and blast them full alpha till I get hot (about two or three alphas). If the enemy is not dead by them I change the SRM's to chain fire and use the twin lasers to aim for cored locations - I can keep a pretty decent rate of fire without shutdown.

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

I tried running this, though I don't have the CBills to downgrade my DHS. (And I lack the XL engine, those are damned expensive)
    I think my only issue with it is I can't seem to land my SRMs, though, that is my fault and due to lack of skill and frame rate.

Overall it is fun to play and I think it has potential to do some nice spread dmg over any 'mech who gets into LoS.

I'll be trying your LRM version next.

3. Cleverbird

Cleverbird New Member

You could always try loading Streak SRM's... You'll do a little less damage, but they're guaranteed to hit

4. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

My problem is mostly the light 'mechs. I simply can't trace em when they get too close. I tried streaks, but, the lights managed to stay juuuust out of my lock on range, by hanging out at the corner of my screen while I chase 'em.

5. Darkblood

Darkblood Active Member

Well that's a general problem right now, with collision removed the lights go as close as they can with no fear o falling down, and that makes them powerful. In this particular build the better option you have is the twin lasers in the arm, if you shoot them together.

(didn't you notice the sudden increase in lights? I've been playing games where I was the ONLY thing heavier than a Hunchie)

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Try this build:

Blagg Zear

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014