AWS-8R Splatsome A (4x SRM6+A, 2x LLas, STD300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by UntamedZer0, Apr 17, 2013.

1. UntamedZer0

UntamedZer0 Well-Known Member

The A is for Artemis

I had this mech laying around and was about to sell it. I had it set up for LRM boating but I don't particularly enjoy LRM boating. Plus it had been a very long time since I set it up to splat. So long that I don't even think Artemis was around yet.

Sooo.... this mech probably shouldn't have been done which means it needed to be.

There is a bit of a C.A.S.E experiment going on here so ammo location is subject to change. The quad 6s can unload the ammo fairly fast at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hi there,

what about this approach:

Blagg Zear

3. robertmw1988

robertmw1988 Junior Member

Removed AMS. More SRM Ammo + CASE. Changed DHS position to help protect Laser for that last little bit. Plus once Lasers are gone, who cares about 1 DHS.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This is a very strong approach even nowadays with Clans running rampant. I'd prefer more cooling for a mech like this as it doesn't has the speed for hit-and-run tactics. Shutting down in the middle of opponents won't end well.

Small modifications on the OP's build:

Additonal ideas:

LPLas + MLas can be fired in conjunction, but this obv. costs some range. The weight reduction allowed to mount some additional DHS though, which are crit padding the right arm. As a last change I rearranged the armor to be very front-heavy, as this should be a mech for the first line.