AWS-8R SRM Striker (2x LLas, 2x SRM6+A, 2x SRM4+A, 1x MLas, AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by Blagg Zear, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hi folks, initially i had started with quad SRM6, 1x PPC, 1x LL, 1xMPL as my first AWS-8R Build. But then from the feedback here i changed it to this, simply because of more Ammo, less Heat Production and so better Heat Efficiency, aaand i changed the Energy Weapons slightly to make this build more fearsome at Mid Range Combats. Group the weapons like this:

1. SRMs (Chainfire)
    2. dual LL (for Mid Range Combats)
    3. ML (only for the case u run too hot already or to leg Lights)
    4. altogether for max Alpha (Finisher)

Its a very powerful setup, because of the high Alpha Damage you can deal though i wouldnt recommend to fire everything at once everytime unless the enemy is very hard damaged at CT. You simply produce too much heat. Just put the SRMs in Chain fire to constantly shake the enemies cockpit and use them more than your Energy Weapons if it really comes to close range fights.

What i like most in this build is the Max Standard Engine to max out your speed. Very useful/enjoyable in fights, when you circle around slower assaults like Stalkers or Atlas. But try to stay in Motion as much as possible. If you stand still youll die or lose torso sides very fast, because of your giant hitboxes. GL & HF!

Blagg Zear

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

You have 200 rounds of ammo when you fire 24 missiles if you fire the whole volley? That's just over 8 volley's. Drop the PPC, add a second Large Laser, drop the pulse. You can add 4 more tons of ammo, and won't run so hot.

For the record until they fix SRM damage running a SRM boat just won't work well.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Forum BLAGG

I can tell that grammar is not your strong suit; Neither are your 'mech loadouts.
    So, I hope to see some improvement on this and other 'mechs, as I have just purchased the AWS-8R.
    With this in mind, good luck!

EDIT~I suggest modifying your OP, as to reflect the changes.

EDIT~
    my version of your build, just even.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Ok thx for the feedback, i updated my initial setup already. Now 4 tons of Ammo should be enough in most matches. I even changed down to SRM4s because of less spread. Now you can fire 25 Volleys by 16 SRMs with a better chance to core the enemy. I dropped the LL for a second PPC to give more impact at Range Combat and the MPL is downgraded to a ML for higher Range. I think this is quite better than my initial approach. What do you think? The Alternative build following your idea is also quite good!

Blagg Zear

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hi, yeah sorry my english is bad, im still learning. I updated my initial setup. I think now everythings better. The Alternative Build is very similar to yours, but i get rid of one DHS to have more Armor. Ow, i still dont get why you use so little rear armor in your builds. But maybe you have luck in close combats to not get shot in the rear. Im not that lucky, so in my taste the rear should have more power. Hope to have your feedback!

Blagg Zear

6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Ah, much better mate.

Ill give this a try, hopefully SRMS will be better when I get into it.

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Yeah SRM4 definitely works better than SRM6 because of less spread and heat production. Its much easier to core enemies with good aiming. With Artemis its the best way to build an SRM brawler. I also switched to SRM4s in my Atlas D-DC. So much better..

Blagg Zear

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

updated this build by changing the old Dual PPC + quad SRM4+A build to this new setup to have even more SRM Strike Power by more Cool Efficiency! The old build was shifted to bottom as an Alternate Build. Have fun!

Blagg

9. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Blagg; I know I'm off topic, but, I have been wondering where you are from.

I think the top build in OP is a good balance of heat and firepower. Putting 4xSRM6+A and the laser pack in there would be fairly hard to manage heat. I'd stick to the extra heat sink and no penalty for the fourth SRM6.

I have run a very similar loadout in my AWS-8V with 3xSRM6+A. Achieves a very similar damage and heat output. (64 Alpha, 35% heat efficiency)

Chatt.

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

im from the EU.. ;)

11. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

NO WAY! Never guessed! :D

12. DarkLobster

DarkLobster Well-Known Member

Just landed on this build myself after deciding to try the 8R as an SRM boat. So far, so good. The SRM20+A sure melts face.

The only difference is that I dropped the MLas for another ton of SRM ammo. I figure they're your main weapons so I wanted to keep them stocked. Sure, you lose out on some Zombie ability, but its pretty rare to end up in that state as an Awesome.

Good build!

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Yeah good decision! And thx, this build is Awesome.

14. DarkLobster

DarkLobster Well-Known Member

It sure is. I would encourage anyone who rated it prior to Blagg's tweaks and the SRM buff to revise their rating. I think it's much better than a 3-star build.

15. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I changed to a 4 star. In the future if you are going to radically change the load out just start a new thread. It gets very confusing when there is like 5 builds in the same thread and the original build is nothing like what it started out as.

16. 1nRage

1nRage New Member

Here is my assault variant of my Jagermech-A. Four SRM lauchers with artemis for a strong missle punch und two large lasers for long range combat ;)
    Standard engine and additional heat sinks bring it down to a round figure.

An alternativ variant with ERPPCs instead of the LLs. I don't create a new topic, due to the minimal changes.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014