AWS-8R Whoosh II (2x LRM15+A, 2x LRM10+A, 1x ERPPC, TAG, XL300)

Thread in 'AWS-8R' started by FuzzyBunny, Jul 18, 2013.

1. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I wanted to join in the latest craze of mixing LRM launchers, what with the heat balance issue of the 4 LRM15s. This is what I came up with.

I'm not a fan of mixing 1 Large Laser and 1 Medium Lasers, it just seems to be confusing range wise. Plus it lacks the true long range potential support ability to the LRM's. As with everyone else this one is designed to launch all the missiles in one volley. I've simply taken to launching the original WHOOSH in chain fire, and it still does fine. The old one is more of a wear you down type of build, this one is the knock out punch. Something gets up close on you just pop them with the single ERPPC. I like burst weapons as opposed to beams so that works better for me than a LPL, though that makes a decent alternative if you won't be using it at long range.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Aah a lot better for my taste mate. Due to Heat matters, especially now after latest Patch, the Mix of LRM15s and LRM10s is very optimal. The ERPPC is good for sniping if you want to save Ammo, the only problem that i see is the minimum Range against Lights. But if you can handle to stick to your buddies who can defend you, it shouldnt be a problem. Full stars from me.

Blagg

3. Athariel

Athariel Well-Known Member

A very good build, I use an almost identical one however, I have dropped the armor on the left arm and 1 point of each leg to enable BAP to be fitted, which I feel is crucial for LRM builds.

5/5 from me.

Game play video to follow.

4. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Thanks Athariel!

I agree for the most part and tend to wishy washy back and forth an installing it and not. The LRM builds I normally post usually don't have it, as adding it is a matter of taste and normally done. I personally run about 60/40 with out vs with. The only time I REALLY miss it is when I have an ECM light who knows the range of ECM and the BAP counter.

5. Athariel

Athariel Well-Known Member

This is a solo pug drop with basic skills 8/8.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast