AWS-8T Mid Range Brawler (4x LLas, 1x MLas, 2x SSRM, AMS, BAP, STD300)

Thread in 'AWS-8T' started by Thiak, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

2 Awesomes are easy and clear to gear up (8V, 8R), tried to figure out something which isnt too hot and still has some use

with good mid range weapons and some anti light (ecmlight) defense

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Looks solid. But i still would run Double PPCs on the Awesomes for simple Snipe & Hide back in Cover Attacks from Range. The Heat Penalty is cruel on very hot maps. But on cold maps this setup is cruel. :)

I don't dare to say, it's a legendary build, but it's a solid one! Maybe you post some Scoreboards to show the potential of it.

Personally I'd relocate some Armor to the Front and maybe go for a TAG-Laser to fasten up the Targetlock on ECM Enemies for the Streaks.

The Heatproduction is high enough so that you'd probably rarely use that MLas. You still can keep it for Zombiemode.. :)

3. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

or you could remove MLas/TAG to add another ton of AMS ammo, just thinking

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

1 ton per AMS is good enough, if you need more either you are in a bad place most of the time, or you are facing a wwhole team of LRMers, either way the AMS extra ton is not going to help much.

TAG will net you points for missile support, also helps with your streaks, though you have BAP already.

I would get a ton of Streak ammo though, if anything.
    Keeping the MLas for zombie is also good, as this mech would lose arms/ST easily..
    Also would move a DHS to each of the arms.