AWS-9M Barbarian 2.0 (1x ERPPC, 2x LLas, 1x SRM6, 2x SRM4, BAP, XL320)

Thread in 'AWS-9M' started by SP3CTREnyc, Oct 20, 2014.

1. SP3CTREnyc

SP3CTREnyc Junior Member

I decided to give my 9M a fresh look. I'm still not the biggest fan, but I've found some success with this given the quirks feature. The ERPPC gives you the ability to peak damage your way from cover to cover, which is helpful because the side torsos are flimsy but get good cover from the arms. 2x LLas give good DPS at mid and close range, and the +12.5% energy cooldown becomes much more noticeable once you get into the master and elite trees.

The SRMs were put in for three reasons. First, I didn't want ghost heat from medium lasers interfering with the ERPPC and LLas - the focus of this build. Second, the spread of missile salvos are much tighter than the one-off, "buckshot" launches you get from 6x missile slots so damage is much more precise. The reload times on the SRM4 and SRM6 also allow you to follow up with a volley of 2x SRM4 before the SRM6 is reloaded, which keeps heat management further in check.

I don't play MWO often - or very well - but I manage to do some pretty high damage on this build. For instance, on Caustic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. SP3CTREnyc

SP3CTREnyc Junior Member

Finally figured out I had to use an 'S' in the smurfy link.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast