1. Hi everyone!
    This is a kind reminder to rate the builds you play or read. The ETA for the new rating system is not yet here, but if everyone active could rate 1 build per day, we can have everything rated in only 1 month! Don't feel bad about giving bad ratings with some constructive criticism :)
    Thanks in advance -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Banshee: Armor on Arms . . .?

Discussion in 'Banshee' started by Falconium, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

So like most everyone else, I've been examining the Banshees in Smurfy's Mechlab, and have been checking out the various load-outs they are capable of. And one point that came to mind while I was looking through them regards the arms on these things. Disregarding the hero "La Malinche", the standard Banshee variants are pretty much entirely torso dependent --- i.e., there are virtually no hard-points in the arms on these things, with a single Energy in the left arm of the 3S being a notable and singular exception. So, here's the question:
    Do you leave lots of armor in those arms to enable them to act as effective shields for the STs, or do you strip the arms of most of their armor in order to free up tonnage for firepower/engine-size/DHS/etc? Or do you perhaps plan to stack Heat Sinks or Ammo in those arms, in which case you don't want them getting blown off early on? (Of course, each arm can only hold 2 DHS, with the exception again being that left arm in the 3S, which can potentially manage to hold 3 DHS, so long as you don't use that lone Energy hard-point.)
    So yeah, just some thoughts and questions that I'd be curious to get some feedback on.

An example of what I mean by dropping armor on those arms:
    http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=5931.0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

The best arm shields in the game.
    [​IMG]

3. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Alas another mech designed to be proficient in H2H. Join your brother Dragon in the corner of mechs without proper representation of awesomeness do to not having collisions and/or close combat attacks.

4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

YLW is waiting.