BJ-1X HunchJack (8x MLas, XL295)
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by UntamedZer0, May 21, 2013.

1. UntamedZer0

UntamedZer0 Well-Known Member

Beamy deliciousness!

I run each arm with it's own group and the torso alone with an alpha group.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Ran exactly the same build for 3 rounds. Was side-torso cored in each one with dealing less than 70 damage each.

3. KalliD

KalliD New Member

Slight modification: -1 heat sink, + endosteel, +AMS, +Full armor. Half a ton left, not sure what you do with it.

You know, I always wished my swayback was 25 kph faster and less hunch-y...:wub:

4. UntamedZer0

UntamedZer0 Well-Known Member

Solution to the half ton delima:

5. Vlad3060

Vlad3060 New Member

The downside of the BJ's running XL engines is the light side torso armor.

This build won't get you to as fast of a top speed as the OP and subsequent posters builds will, but a dead mech deals no damage.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Take The Risk!

7. Rhent

Rhent Junior Member

I've run that build and do 350+ consecutively each round.

8. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

My first match with this build was 4 kills, 4 assists and 600+ damage. This build is more of a hit and run build because of its low heat efficiency, but used correctly and you can easily beat a assault 1v1 (that is, of course, if you have coolants).

9. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

KalliD's version is the best for me. And by 'best', I mean least crappy loadout for this this crappy mech.

10. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

@LT

it is unfortunate you think this mech is crappy. I love this mech, and love running in it. I usually pug, but when I don't I can wipe mechs off the game with this loadout. 5-5

11. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Ouch, LT, even I don't hate the BJ that much.

12. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Oh no! He insults our beloved 'Jack!

I understand why some people hate them. In fact, I was in the same boat when they first dropped. However, the more I play them, the more I love them. High weapon mounts to avoid exposing yourself, great speed to engine ratio, decent hardpoint variation if you want some ballistics on your pseudo-scout. The downside is the fact that they are fragile like Justin Bieber fans! You have to use a lot of cover and twist to stay alive. BUT! The fact remains that, if they suit your playstyle, they can be very deadly and very mobile platforms to add to a team.

UntamedZer0, good build. Hot, but, good. Do you already have plans on how you will be modifying tomorrow or will you wait to see how the new patch effects you?

13. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Blackjack is mostly a Jager "lite" for carrying lighter weapons. This one, though, is a fast beam daemon. I do agree that this series are not good at circling, especially with the thin armor, so close range browling might not be the thing.

But if you stand behind a buddy and support him, your alpha or two does LOADS of damage. Either that or you use other variants and do your thing with the ballistics (though I have to say they are not as deadly as this variant).

At least when it comes to the BJ-1X, it is a solid mech. They need a missile variant though, seriously.

14. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Haha, I'm glad it has it's defenders. I just started playing the 1X last night and it's just so... fragile. Speed isn't that much of an equalizer in today's game unless you're a smaller target than what the BJ presents; I can't show my back for a second without getting lit by ppcs.

I'm debating now on which other two I want submit myself to torture through to master.

15. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

We'll see how this heat nerf works against AC/40 and 4-6PPC boats. I TOTALLY know what you mean, man. One shot deaths because someone saw you from 700m when you didn't realize they were there is BULLLLLLL. The AC/40s are less annoying, I can usually circle strafe the hell out of them if I can get close enough, but, still, I hate the One Click Wonders. I used an AC/40 Jager part of the time to get through my JM-6A. Just felt so boring. Click, kill. Click, kill. Click, I'm dead. Same with a 6xPPC AWS. I tried it for laughs last week so I could see it before the nerf. I think I played four or five rounds before I couldn't stand it anymore. I felt bad for even saying "Good Game" after a match because it's SUCH a cheat build. One shot just about anybody who's been lightly damaged. I felt like a dick. Couldn't do it.

HOWEVER, there are plenty of people who love and drive those cheese builds and I'll be happy to see more gameplay and tactical fighting implemented. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Point being, don't sell the 'Jack yet. I do really enjoy them. Even in this meta. After a little alpha balance, I think I'll dig 'em even more.

Chatt.

16. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Actually the extra penalty for firing 8MLas is big, but not too big. The heat is like firing 2 more MLas, which is acceptable.

17. IrrelevantFish

IrrelevantFish New Member

I don't understand the BJ-1X haters. Three matches in a slight variant from the OP's loadout (I downgraded to a 280XL for an extra DHS) and I sold off my HBK-4P. :)

However, I have since tweaked my loadout again:
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=79&l=13c1e784fb643cf9e780e3382ab3eab04a5c9e80IMO, the improved heat efficiency and avoidance of the heat-penalty more than makes up for the loss of four points of alpha and the shorter range of the small lasers. Right now, my stats are better in this than in anything but my HGNs and AS7s.

18. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

This is a harasser build, it's not meant to go toe to toe with anything. The speed allows you to position for a strike or two then get out and reposition.

If you're doing poorly with this build, you're playing it wrong. This thing does NOT have staying power in a fight.

Weapon Grouping for me

[1] 4x Left MLas
    [2] 4x Right MLas
    [3] 6x Arm MLas
    [4] Alpha Strike!

The mantra for this build is "Shoot and run away!!"

19. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

By far my favourite build on the BJ-1X. An impressive alpha, speed AND survivability due to the STD engine. The quirks have made this build even more deadly than it already was.

Until my discovery of the 2LPL, 3ML WVR, this was my favourite medium.

20. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Variant of this one : [Threads Merged]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast