BJ-1X HunchJack (8x MLas, XL295)
5/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'BJ-1X' started by UntamedZer0, May 21, 2013.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I posted this one as I saw the STD engine build was not here. I can add it under the XL version and remove this thread if needed

2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

The original thread is still on the old format and hasn't been updated, not sure it's better. Actually, what would be great is an extensive presentation of the build, including XL and STD variants as well as other viable tweeks (AMS). With videos (SirHitman recorded some, we all know how beasty he is on that mech).
    I mean, 8 MLas is probably the best weapon loadout on this chassis, it deserves better than a 2 lines post.
    (I can do it, not instantly since I won't have much time the next few days, but maybe on the end of the week)

Lan likes this.
  3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    Lots of Firepower, and lots of speed. a great build!

4. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Hitman is currently down with a cold but I'm sure he can contribute something to his best mech, I'll ask him to put in a post here. :)

5. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Iv never really seriously looking around for another build for the mech as im happy with its performance consistently do 400+ damage. I might however replace the AMS for BAP (to counter the mass amount of ECM we see today, especially in CW).

You need to play it as a light aggressive support, scout, poke and harass the enemy team. Take advantage of your high mounted weapons and KEEP MOVING, turning and twisting spreading that damage to your mech. Plan your movements when you push make sure you got a exit. Be careful with alpha strikes and only use them if you think you dont have that extra (?)0.5 sec to shoot at your target.

As far as how aggressive your should be, you might want to take a look at some of my youtubes and then tone it down a tiny bit :). Extracted from my stats, i survive 1 out of 3 battles. I do however think CW might have had some impact on the stats.

Personal Stats:
    Current / Archived stats
    BLACKJACK BJ-1X
    Battles 527 / 593
    Win/Loss 1.24 / 1.45
    Kills 515 / 515 (Yes its correct i double checked)
    K/Dr 1.45 / 1.30
    Damage 227,211 / 197,350
    XP 619,284 / 484,380
    Playtime 2 days 02:13:36 / 2 days 03:20:35
    Battles Survivability 0,32 / 0,34

Some Youtubes:
    MechSpecs evening battles where a few good battles. Shows of a bit of that aggressiveness.

Grouped with Lan and Grabbengra from Sweclockers so yes the com is in Swedish. Showing how people ignore the little BJ and why they shouldn't.

First 20 minutes is BJ-1X. Being tired and slightly bored making me pokeing slightly to aggressively in the same spot, getting open side torso even from inaccurate fire. After that there where mostly fighting outside the gates to get them LRM's boats.

Youtube still working on that 1080p on the last one (3+ hours now)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  6. SirHitman

Rebuilt one of my BJ-1X to the 280 STD 8mlas 14HS above (I cheated and used 275STD as I already had it in garage) the speed is not the problem but the heat management. Heat dissipation 2.94 heat/s from 3.59 heat/s = 0.65. 8 lasers produce 8,21 heat, doing 40 damage thats 190 damage per minute difference.

XL295 build: 10 battles gave me 8 wins 2 losses, doing 538 damage per battle, broke 600(even some 700) damage a few times.
    STD275 build: 5 battles gave me 0 wins and 5 losses, doing 441 damage per battle, broke 600 damage 1 time.
    Then i took a short 5-10 minute break and thought i might give it another chance today landed on Frozen city I found it strange that it cooled down that fast, when I died I had 830 damage (battle still lost) when I got out to the menu I noticed that I had the wrong BJ-1X so it was a XL round.

I might do some more tests tomorrow with the STD at about the same time of day as the XL tests to get about the same opponents. The damage numbers is so much different.

epikt likes this.
  7. SirHitman

Continued the testing today at a more equal time of day as the XL tests.
    10 battles each info calculated from https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats?type=mech
    295xl, 8mlas, AMS: Win/Loss 8/2. K/D 13/4, Damage 5,380
    275std, 8mlas: Win/Loss 5/5. K/D 18/5, Damage 5,450
    275std, 6mlas, BAP: Win/Loss 7/3. K/D 12/5, Damage 4,860

So it can actually perform some really good numbers even with STD engine, no question about that. I however cant shake feeling of being crippled the whole battle and I also think some of those loses could have been wins if i could just have pushed out the extra damage when it was needed. To the STD part i can say that there was 3-4 times out of the 20 battles (25 if you count yesterdays test) where I lost a side torso and could keep doing damage. The 6mlas is way much better as far as heat-management goes and if you dont have double efficiency's thats definitely the way to go. Towards the end there I was kinda loosing concentration and there seemed to be much more players with unit tags so i think the 6mlas could perform better than that.

If someone is interested I got all except for the first 2 STD engine battles recorded so ill see if I can get them uploaded to the tube later tonight.

epikt likes this.
  8. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

i'm interested

9. SirHitman

10. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

With quirks for this 'Mech back to the way they should be, this is now the beast build for the thing. That range on those MLasers . . . 351 for max damage, with the Module? YES PLEASE!!! :D

One match trying it out on the weekend, totally fell in love! ^_^
    [​IMG]

11. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Finally he sees the light,... ;)

Falconium likes this.
  12. Falconium

Well, I just always replaced 2 of the MLs for MPLs, so I could alpha without heat-penalty. But now, with those great quirks on the MLasers, there's really no reason not to take as many of them as you can. :thumbsup:

13. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Back to this after the quirk pass. IMO you'd be a fool to XL it, it runs cool enough if you play smart and don't start duels while already heat critical. Save cool shot for emergencies, and you're all set.

14. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

STD or XL, the old question. :)

Glad we have someone to argue for a STD, I am totally on the opposite side myself. The benefits of a STD with less vulnerable sidetorsos and survivability is outweighed by mobility and higher cooling to me but I guess you feel the opposite way.

IMHO, in the current high damage game where we have 30 Gauss pinpoint and similar I feel anything below 50 tons is best served by trying it's best not to get hit at all and build for speed. Poke & duck & run. The 50 tonners can tank somewhat and there I agree with a STD, absolutely.

15. SirHitman

STD engine gives you the ability to take a few points more damage because you can lose a side torso, but you cant do the damage needed when its actually needed because of the lack of heat-sinks.

16. Falconium

Regarding that debate, the speed is what does it for me, more than the DHS count. With a STD250-260, you can still get 16 DHS on this, only 2 or 3 less than with an XL. So the heat difference actually isn't all THAT much.

But when you add the speed difference to that slight heat difference, it's enough for me to warrant using XL. Especially since, the majority of times, I know I can torso twist out of an XL Side Torso death (happened just in this last match; I was crit all 3 torsos before they finally killed me, and the death was to CT destruction, not ST). And if having more speed means I won't die at all, because I was able to avoid more shots by ducking into cover faster, then I'm all for going faster.

So yeah, in the end, XL is still a risk worth taking in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  17. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

It should be STD 265-270 (depending on how much of a risk you want to take on head/leg armor) with 15 DHS.

[​IMG]

18. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I'm forced to ask, do you use cool shot and have all the tweaks to it unlocked? Crunching the numbers, the XL's 3 additional heat sinks give you 15% more heat dissipation. That's nothing to sneeze at, but it's far from being crippled.

19. SirHitman

When the question came up earlier i did some testing: https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/user-build-blackjack-1x-hunchjack.8289/ The STD280 8mlas did not do bad it actually did about the same amount of damage overall as the XL battles did. You can find all (except 2 that i failed to record) of the battles with STD engine tests and you will see me standing around not able to fire when enemy pushed us.
    Coolshot 9by9 is standard equipment and all skills unlocked and some 1.8 mil extra XP.
    [​IMG]

20. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Welp I've never XL'd my BJ's, precisely because I know how many I dispose of by that manner.

The Verge likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast