BJ-2 "Wub-Jack" (2xLPL, 4xSSRM2, XL210)

Thread in 'BJ-2' started by Azedine, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Azedine

Azedine New Member

Hello everybody,

here is my take on the BJ-2. I realize ammo is short-handed, but I find SSRM's to be less ammo-consuming than SRMs, since you need to lock on target. Plus, they are mostly meant for chasing lights away, main damage come from the Wubs..

let me know what you think!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

Hey there. Do this:
    1) Click on 'Save & Share loadout' on the Smurfy screen for this mech after you are finished creating it.
    2) Add an 's' right after the "http" in the 'plain link' (like this: 'https...')
    3) Copy and paste that 'plain link' into this thread in order to make it correctly show.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. Azedine

Azedine New Member

great advice! Thanks a lot!

4. Joe Bopper

I haven't tried this build yet but I think it looks really cool. Since I love standard engines, I tried to make a version with one:

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

STD engines in a blackjack are not necessary / a waste of tonnage. Dropping to 3 SSRMs is a good idea though, makes it able to run at top speed.

Original build's ammo is enough. 25 full salvo's is what to aim for and yes, due to the lock time and longer CD, the SSRMs spend ammo more slowly. I mainly require Jumpjets and max speed in my BJ :)

I'd generally want to run BAP to counter ECM with the streaks as well:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    dog_funtom likes this.
  6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

BAP with streaks is a good idea, so you don't get ECM countering your streaks.

7. Joe Bopper

Why do you feel this way? While piloting my BJ-2(L) I am constantly getting my sides blown off. Just wondering..
    Absolutely. I don't even find streak builds enjoyable unless I run them with a beagle or clam probe

8. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

The BJ has a low profile with good hardpoints. It can go relatively quick while sporting a respectable loadout (such as AC20+3ML and jumpjets, while faster than the hunchback). You'll want more tonnage to make the best out of the very good hardpoints and geometry, which means running an XL engine. Even with a standard engine you'll die quickly anyway when caught. In my experience the STs are relatively deep, hidden in between the arms and the CT. If you torso twist well enough either of these two will take more damage than the ST (until your arm is blown off of course). With a standard engine it's also often difficult to run a 235 rating (or higher in the BJ-1X), and I think that blackjacks need the speed/internal heat sinks in order to maximize their survivability over the ability to lose an ST.

I'm a big fan of STD engines in Centurions for example though. Their firepower is mainly focused around the torsos and they're definitely more meant to be sturdy than fast.

Joe Bopper likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast