BJ-3 "HeatHunter" (2x ERPPC, 4x SPL, STD200)

Thread in 'BJ-3' started by Munchkin9, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Munchkin9

Munchkin9 New Member

(Hopefully I did this right, first posting of a mech build) (EDIT:Nope I don't know how to make those build banners, and I can't find a guide, can someone help me out?)

Description
    My first mech I bought was a BJ-3. Not sure why, can't remember, it was when MWO first came out and I stopped playing for a long time. Now I'm back into it and was stuck with this mech and no cadet-bonuses left. So I did what I could with what I had. After many revisions, this is actually my favorite build with this mech so far. While pop-tarting with this mech like there is no tomorrow is very effective, it just isn't my play-style.

This semi-brawler manages heat surprisingly well. That ER PPC packs a punch at any range, allowing for some adaptive sniping and getting in close to finish the job. And those 4 SPLs run nearly as much as damage as 4 MLs (my previous build) but with much less heat gen. This means that in a fight whenever you start to run hot from using the ERPPC you can stick to your lasers, until you cool a bit. Finally the jump jets give this medium much needed maneuverability in order to get in and out of fights.

Biggest thing to watch out for is damage (though it is at max armor, this chassis is just soft) and the heat spike on the PPC. Sometimes it will overheat you without even giving you a warning. Really frustrating.

Summary
    • Adaptable long and short range
    • Well placed PPC shots in close quarters can strip components faster than your g
    • Good heat management
    • Jump jets provide extra mobility

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Please read the FAQ; it will explain how to post using the https format.

3. Munchkin9

Munchkin9 New Member

Of course there is an FAQ I completely didn't see. *facepalm*. Very sorry and thank you for the correction. Will do it correctly in the future, and check the FAQ.

The Verge likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast