Casual BL-P-KNT "Parting Gift" (1xMRM40, 6xML, LE340)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Partisan' started by Excalibaard, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Arm-mounted Murms with a cooldown quirk :) GLHF!

LE350s are more common, here's an adapted LE350 build, though I think the LE340 is better!

Alloh_BR and Zbloubi like this.
  2. Alloh_BR

Alloh_BR Active Member

MRM40 spreads the damage too much...

I made an altnerative with MRM40 LL 4mL and works better

Zbloubi likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

@Alloh_BR Something like this?:

Looks interesting, the LL definitely gives more firepower at 400ish meters. Maybe try with ERML too?

Alloh_BR likes this.
  4. Zbloubi

Zbloubi New Member

5/5,
    Highly recommend this build, the shoulder mounted MRM is a joy to use, and gives a serious punch on top of the pin-point laser damage

I got my first 1000+ damage game this morning with a lesser version of your Parting Gift build. I'm lacking funds for a big Light Engine at the moment.

Since I'm not planning on spending skill points on speed tweak, I think I'll stick with the LE340 you suggest, the build has slightly better heat management. I'm still lacking the trigger discipline to NOT damage myself by overheating almost every game :p

The speed difference is negligible I think, I find it alright with the stock engine already.

I may try the LL, 4ML variant, but I'll have to save up for another light engine. I'll see if it's worth it, and if another mech works well with a LE325 so it doens't go to waste!

Alloh_BR likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

@Zbloubi Glad it's working out for you! Do share the STD300 build! I found I ended up with too much tonnage left if I kept Endo Steel...

STD295 with LFF instead of ES seems like a good budget alternative :)

6. Zbloubi

Zbloubi New Member

Well I was using the STD300 because it's the stock engine, and I didn't have enough money to optimise that.
    This is what I'm currently running, and what I had my first 1K+ game with

Arguably, this is too much MRM ammo, but I was lacking slots for an extra DHS, and I had 1 ton left so... I never use it completely, but it allows me to spam it a lot, and even discourage the ennemies from advancing by "pre-firing" near corners.

I like the AMS, I think it allows me to tank for longer by removing some missiles.

I consider my MRM as my main weapon, so I usually tank with my right arm. This is also the arm with the larger shoulder plate, which covers the side torso a little bit - I don't know if it helps, but I think so.

The cheapest version of this build, from the stock version would be this :

When you first buy the Partisan, making this build is very cheap :
    - add 3ML for 240K cbills
    - add 1MRM for 700K
    - add 6 DHS for 72k
    - add 4 tons of MRM ammo for 24k

Total from stock config : 1 036 000 Cbills
    There is 1.5 tons left, but no slots. Not optimal, but if money is the main issue, I think it works

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Excalibaard likes this.
  7. Excalibaard

Yeah spending money on an STD305 is worse than running around slightly undertonned. Best I can think of is to upgrade arm MLs to MPL to use the tonnage but it removes the synergy a bit.

I'm sure the budget version can help people out as it did for you though, thanks for sharing :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  8. Zbloubi

Zbloubi New Member

You're welcome, I definately hope it helps some people! :)

I spent all my money buying a Cicada 3M, i'll probalby share a build for that soon.

Excalibaard likes this.
  9. Zbloubi

Zbloubi New Member

@Excalibaard It has been a few days, and I managed to buy a Light Engine 340 for my Partisan to match your proposed build.

My god, this is such a beast now. That amount of armor running around at 73.4kph is just scarry.
    The mobility really helps to get to the frontline and dish even more damage than before. I broke my previous damage record, partly because I was able to give chase to a Wolfhound, and flank half of the ennemy team in the streets of Solaris City, which was frankly ridiculous.

I'm toying with the idea of rebuilding my skill trees to include speedtweak, in order to chase mediums around more effectively.

10. Alloh_BR

Alloh_BR Active Member

4/5,
    Now I'm enjoying more this build...

11. Xanderman_Adventures

Xanderman_Adventures New Member

You and I have very similar builds Excalibaard. The only real difference is that I have an L-AMS shoved into mine. I had room left for an extra DHS and a BAP with the remaining space all strapped to a LFE 345.

Interestingly enough, I made a second build without the AMS and found that, with Endo and full Ferro, you could still get 6 MLas and an MRM 40 strapped to a LFE 360 and still have max armor. So idk if you would be interested in said build below but, statistically its an improvement on the original build.

12. Excalibaard

So it seems! I focus a lot on heat efficiency in my build, so you can keep firing the mrm40 almost heat neutral in a pinch, and have higher sustained DPS overall. Both the lower amount of heatsinks and lams of your variation work against that goal. Though, if you're always very low in heat, it's better to spend the heatsinks tonnage elsewhere for sure :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Xanderman_Adventures likes this.
  13. Xanderman_Adventures

Xanderman_Adventures New Member

I get you, heatsinks are important as well. My builds tend to run hot so they won't be for everyone.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast