BLR-1G "Ol' Laser Nips" (6x LL, XL375)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'BLR-1G' started by Spawnsalot, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Spawnsalot

Spawnsalot Dispossessed

Hullo all! My first submission to the site, be gentle!

My 80kp/h murder-wagon.
    I have the lasers set as 2 groups of 3 and chain fire in pairs or alone for melting or heat conservation (also ideal for corner shooting).
    Try and stay at mid range but don't be afraid to stare someone down and burrow through them if they try and grandstand with you.
    If people take objection to you boring holes in them and you come under heavy fire you have two fully armoured shield arms to help mitigate damage.

It can also be run quite happily with a STD300, you're not as quick but more resilient and you can pack a few more heatsinks on too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

17 DHS is way too little for 6 LLas. You overheat really quick and/or most of your weapons will be dead weight as firing them would shut you down.

You can already easily upgrade to 19 DHS be removing some excess armor (very little people focus legs on a battlemaster, and as long as total armor on legs => ct armor it's fine) and then using the leftover tonnage you have:

It'd still be very hot though and I imagine the 5 LLas stalker to work better.

I'd suggest using 3 groups of 2 instead of 2 groups of 3 when firing as well. When you fire 3 consecutively you get a heat penalty.

3. Spawnsalot

Spawnsalot Dispossessed

I'm always wary about getting rid of armour but I'll give it a whirl.

What I meant with the grouping was having 3 in one group and 3 in another and chain firing both at the same time so you have 2 lasers firing at any one time. While not following the front loaded damage meta, you can keep a constant stream of damage up for an extended period of time.

I shall report back about the extra DHS when I'm back in the country.

Cheers!

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Like Subject7 said having 6x LLas with this amount of heat you will not be able to fire a couple of them on average, and is usually not the best idea.

Having STD would give you more space for stuff, like the much needed AMS. Yes it will be slower, but you will last longer.I will not mount 6x LLas on this, 4x LLas is good for BLR. I will probably bring in some other equipment.

For long range you still get the 4x LLas, short range you get MLas as support, which give you similar firepower in the end, with the support of the SRM6 (or SRM4 with extra ammo if you like) and a pair of MG to do late game clean up during CQB.

It does look hotter, but if you look at the DPS and sustained DPS it is actually a decent bawler.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Yes that probably works, but you risk getting ramping up ghost heat if you don't fire them at exactly the same time. Any similar weapon fired within 0.5 seconds of each other counts as if it was fired at the same time for the heat calculation. If you accidentally fire them a bit apart it will probably get very hot very quickly. In order to avoid that I prefer to use 3 groups, low left, low right and high mounts.

6. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

[​IMG]

1135 DMG with this build.

7. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

A flamer in one arm and two mgs in the other go a long way once you strip the enemy's armor.

8. Frater Interitum

Frater Interitum Active Member

How about that?
    -------------------
    Heat is a problem only for the one who canĀ“t control greed. :greedy:
    Shoot 3 and 3 with a 0,5 sec break in the middle and every thing is under control.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  9. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

10. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

5/5,
    Excellent build :

Dont forget to use all space to heatsink :

11. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

top-fast
top-fast