BLR-1S “What Missiles?” (3LL, 1HPPC, AMS, LFE350)

Thread in 'BLR-1S' started by ShiverMeRivets, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

It’s odd making a -1S build completely ignoring the 4 missiles hardpoints, I know. Also, this build can be used with any BLR variant, quirks being the only difference - the -1G is the best quirked for this, but the 60 degrees limited yaw is a killer for me (and I already had a build for that one).

Relevant quirks: The BLR-1S currently offer +14 arms armor (good for shielding and preserve the DHS in the arms), -5% energy heat, +10% energy range. All very useful for this build.

The firepower does not seem all that impressive for an 85 tonner. However, the excellent hardpoints of the BLRs, combined with a good amount of cooling, and a large engine, allow this build to keep on shooting and deliver accurate damage application. TC2 is included to get the enemy damage paper doll quicker (plus a bit of range and crit chance). I was pleasantly surprised how well the package worked.

Note: this is not a sniper build, hence no ERLL. It is best to stay close to the other assults, push and share armor - use your buddies to prevent enemies from face-hugging you under the HPPC min range of 90 m.

2. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

This is a more brawl oriented variation of the above. Ditched the AMS and targeting computer, and replaced the LLs with LPLs. The better heat efficiency of LPLs allowed the removal of the arm DHSs and the use of light FF armor.

I am a sucker for LPLs. Heat management is quite good (quirks help) just be sure to check heat before firing the HPPC. If hot, or someone under runs your HPPC, the cooling will keep your 3 LPLs shooting, which is still respectable. The speed is sweet for an 85 tonner and you will be out NASC... ahhmm out maneuvering... many heavy mechs.

3. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Left or right hand can be used, up to you