BNC-3E "Misery" (1x AC20, 3x LPL, STD320)

Thread in 'BNC-3E' started by Tank the Frank, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Tank the Frank

Tank the Frank Benefactor

Inspired by a Stalker build I saw in one match:

Having struggled with the 3x AC5 build, I looked for an easier to use build for the 3E. Instantly had better matches with this build.

Weapon groups as follows:

1 - AC20
    2 - 3 LPL (group)
    3 - 3 LPL (chain)
    4 - Alpha

Easy to tank with and torso twist, lots of AC20 ammo. Recommend AC20 cooldown, range and LPL range modules. I'll see how this one plays for a while. Might drop a ton or two ammo for a bigger engine.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

That's exactly what I'd suggest, run less ammo and get something else. In the following example I can mount an extra DHS, though I'd suggest some more arm armor as well, they're huge and great when you have to take the front line and tank a lot of fire.

Blagg Zear and Tank the Frank like this.
  3. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

Both those builds have too much ammo. At the very least drop 1/2 a ton and install CASE. Also with so much ammo head and CT detonation is a very real possibility if you ride the heat curve (as I frequently do). I never go above four tons, seldom above 3-3.5 on a single gun setup.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

If you get a crit in the head you are dead ammo or not, since the crit happens before position randomization, and will not be allocated into an empty slot.

So head ammo is fine, and pilot's life is worth less than shit as we are not roleplaying here.

I agree 5 tons of ammo is too much for a single AC20 though, but I wold not do 3.5 tons as you get ripped off with AC20 ammo in half tons.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5t is managable, if you prioritize AC20 over LPL fire when on high heat. Usually I don't use more than 4t in my hunchbacks for example, but there the AC20 is a bit more taxing on the heat, while here it can basically be used as a heat-neutral weapon. However, I'm going to try it out (in my 3S instead of the 3E), and if it's too much I'll probably increase arm armor for the ton that I don't use.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast