Boiler "Meek" (2xcUAC10, 3xcSRM6, 3xcMPL, cAMS, 2xJJ, cXL300)

Thread in 'Boiler' started by Throet, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Throet

Throet Active Member

A capable brawler which uses dual cUAC10 for corner peeking and medium range engagements. I didn't like the ghost heat penalty on the stock cUAC/20 setup. Includes a higher-than-stock rated XL engine for faster tactical maneuvering(since I have shitty situational awareness).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

I altered it. Stats will show different because of the energy weapons and probably the laser AMS. Not worth taking lasers with missile ballistic combo.

3. Throet

Throet Active Member

I appreciate the extra burst damage, for relatively low tonnage.

It seems odd to me that you would swap lasers out for flamers though. If your opponent has good heat management and/or discipline, or is capable of maintaining range, then the flamers are near useless for similar tonnage, while lasers can still do a fair bit of damage. They also make very good backup weapons if you run out of ammo, which is much easier to do now with maxed survival skills.

4. Ragnahawk

Ragnahawk Well-Known Member

Your going to get like 1 alpha strike with those lasers, while you can do the over that damage in such a short period without the lasers. You might think that your getting a deal by stuffing maximum firepower in your mech, but man I'm telling you your not nearly fast enough to pull that "1 Alpha strike" every time. I have to add also, you have to shoot the missiles and autocannons on a separate group anyways. So the argument that you'll be able to pull of more burst damage only works on targets standing perfectly still. You can only capitalize on the weakness of your opponent because they are not being aware.

Flamers are good. There are two ways you can use them. #1 is the flamer rush or flamer bait. You rush them with the flamer and hold it on the enemy until your flamer bar turns red and then dissipates. That's the risky way. The other way, you bait the enemy around a corner where they have to fight close quarters, and then flamer them. Both ways prevent your enemy from shooting back if they have heavy laser vomit or other hot weapons. #2 you wait until your enemy starts to shoot enough to generate plenty of heat, and then flame then to force shutdown the enemy. This gives you an easy kill as you don't have to fight a moving target. It is super important that you stop flaming them after they shut down and wait for your bar to go down.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast