Bounty Hunter II "The Hulk" (2xLPL, 4xML, 4xJJ, STD300)

Thread in 'Bounty Hunter II' started by PyckenZot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

The Bounty Hunter has been my most difficult MAD to fit. I settled on the "hello" for a while, but it never really worked between us.

So I turned back to my old love,... the LPL,... and boy what a monster it became.
    It is fast, it jumps like a cricket and hits like a truck. It is green and blue, it is,... the HULK.

You can drop 1 ton of leg armor and a JJ for 2 extra DHS. But I haven't had "too much" TM issues with heat so far.

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Why...
    - only 2 LPLas?
    - 4 JJs?

I am thinking about my 'this HTML class. I am thinking about my Pale Rider build here which could be a little bit faster by skipping the AMS.

3. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Why?

I have Timber Wolves with less weaponry than this, my best Grashopper has 2 LPL and 2 MPL. Yes, the alpha strike could be higher, but even so, this mech hits harder than a Boomstick Jaeger whilst being very mobile AND heat efficient in a brawl setting. This build carries his weight even in high tier games. I miraculously achieved top score in an "all-star" PUG drop yesterday.

4. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Thought about this build before I did the Hexa/Hepta. Might do a study comparison between the two.... better heat with this one, but the MPL's in place of the ML's gives a better punch.... is it worth the drop in heat efficiency, damage vs kill efficiency, play style thoughts.... Might be interesting subject matter for a vid... I've been itching to do.

5. Marc Ludwig

Marc Ludwig New Member

More Lazors!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  6. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Lol

7. OMGimAnoobLOLOL

OMGimAnoobLOLOL New Member

This is my go-to Mech for C-bill farming. The original build can drop the 4th JJ for 1 MG + 1/2 ammo. (4JJ can be a bit overkill)

Marc's 5 ML sym build can switch to Standard armor and Endo structure to gain a 3rd JJ + 1 DHS.

Asym version: (This is the build I use)

The range syncs between IS LPL + ML is a really solid weapon system, even if it is a lot shorter range than the clan vomit. If you can get one of the short range friendly maps (new Frozen City, HPG or especially Mining Collective) you can consistently make some really big C-bills with this thing.

This build loses too much to make room for a 3rd LPL, the ML fillers are effective due to the BH2 quirks.

1 DHS crit padding in an LPL arm (depending on asym or sym) can make it statistically unlikely to lose any weapons in the process of losing said arm while shielding and the Marauder's large side profile means you don't want to skimp on DHS in the torso so those other DHSs crit pad themselves. This point helps keep the mech operating as close to full efficiency as possible while taking a beating. (Consistency = reliability)

8. Soulcatcher

Soulcatcher Junior Member

@PyckenZot

Why That particular layout to your weapons?
    Why not put a ML, from the LA, with the LPLs so you almost have a Shield side?

9. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

A shield side wouldn't have any weapons in it.

Likely he has it set up so he can poke left/right.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast