Scouting BSW-X2 "Double Trouble" (2xAC10, 2xSL, XL280)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'BSW-X2' started by PyckenZot, Jan 26, 2017.

1. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

The first reasonable build to leave my mechbay. Very nice conversion on the ACs supplemented with 2 laser pointers to annoy the enemy.

Learn trigger control though, you WILL run dry.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Added a tag. I think the focused damage is excellent. I personally prefer the higher burst of the dual UAC10 build, but this is very nice for people who don't like UAC jamchances, or for taking it Scouting where it's never certain whether you can hide and wait to unjam.

3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    The only fine tune would be to swap SL for ERSL, but the the concept is the same.

The best pro of this build is the combination of pinpoint and sustained damage: if you are not shooting, you are wasting the potential of this build.

Keep you distance, keep on shooting to soften up targets and switch to hide and poke if enemy is capable to return fire. For scout I would max leg armor, but it can also work in QP or FP, despite not being capable to win trades against alpha-centric builds, especially if you can't manage to free trade.

4. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

When I got my X2, I was compelled to make a dual AC10 loadout, but didn't want to use an XL engine. Here's what I came up with. It's got more ammo than the OP build, and doesn't have the lasers, but makes it with an LFE. If only there was one more ton to work with, then the LFE could be upgraded to a 250, there wouldn't be a need for the external heatsink, and there could be more ammo or dual ERSL's.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Bushwackers are pretty survivable even with an XL engine, because of how effectively you can wiggle the nose and the armor quirks :) I find being faster than a heavy more worthwhile than trying to outlast them.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast