Car Fax (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Kit Fox' started by Soy, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Deep insight, Einstein...

That's like saying the sun and the moon are two different things.

The Verge likes this.
  2. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Ok so here's what's occured to me - Actuators. This is what I was thinking about when I was incorrectly guessing about the "C" arm being gimpy and fucking up my range and to use PPC in the other arm originally... cuz I had no idea what was goin on.

So...

Apparently you have both of the actuators in both arms on, then you can get full 360° pinpoint. But, if you equip PPC on one of the arms, you can't get the 2 actuators on that arm... so...

Not sure whether that means 2 actuators in the other hand is enough, or if trying something like all 4 actuators and maybe a CERLL in each hand. :)

PS - awww yeah, spent my remaining 75 mc from last tournament i placed in on this single camo! woot

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Tonight I learned that the large TCs are very intriguing for PPC boosting.

I've been using a Mk.5 and it's flying like the wind...

...this is something I will be taking a good look at in testing grounds tomorrow.

I have a dual CERLL 4Actuator build that's pretty cool with their two tier 5 modules as well. Now that I have the mech mastered it's not such a complete piece of shit. But it's still a turd of a mech. I honestly like the flexibility I'm finding on it though for exploring lots of new things. Plus it's fast and mobile enough to learn the new maps fairly well.

enileph likes this.
  4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Wow, never thought of TC and PPC working together, thanks for the info!

5. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

I know, I know... you're blown away by how I just plucked a meta nugget out of the thin air right below your nose. Save the applause til later, cuz it might actually just be a booger.

I'm getting started on simple studies regarding the large TCs in testing grounds, may record some footage if the 'eye test' is too inconclusive.

The biggest concern I have regarding [larger] TCs, is how specifically tinkering this way with projectiles means you're gonna learn to crutch new speeds. And anytime you aren't using that TC you're gonna have to adjust. This would be a serious problem for people with a lot of mechs and different builds, possibly a breaker. But that's very intangible, at least for me right now, so I'm carrying on w/ the testing. The easiest solution is, of course, to make every projectile mech use the TC1 [homogenous muscle memory etc] and leave it at that - easiest to incorporate and you still get the min/max benefit at the 1 instead of diminishing as you go larger.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

I find that TC1 is nice, next up would be TC4, which seems to be a reasonable bang for bucks. Above t things seems to be having a more obvious diminishing return.

7. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

After heavy (if not brief) testing, consideration, and mechlabbing, I've made the decision to attempt to standardize my designs around the TC1. The reasons for this are myriad, but suffice to say that the TC1 will be basically usable in all designs I run, but the larger ones will not... thus it is not practical to train aiming and get comfortable with projectile speeds, and then switch into a different mech with a much larger TC and then have to adjust to shooting differently. So, for now, I'm going to stick with the TC1.

I've been trying many builds and many weapon loadouts, besides LBX and Ultras up in 'S' shoulders (which I will try for fun soon), and in all honesty I'm beginning to feel positive about 1 CERPPC, and 2 CERSL, along with ECM, TC1, max armor, and 3 JJs... rest in heat sinks. Actuators in the hand I can check em, and Modules are currently Radar Depr. (which with ECM makes AMS pointless, at least regarding solo/selfish play), Seismic, and both of the tier5 CERPPC wep modules. My number one concern regarding a triple energy loadout ('C' right + 'Prime' left arms) is that I want the PPC in the left arm, cuz for me weapon group 1 is left click and the PPC is the primary weapon, so I want it on left arm... but that leaves an energy slot on both sides, so I end up having the smalls symmetrically split into both hands... in theory I would love to have just the PPC in the left, and the 2 smalls in the right with the ECM... but due to hardpoints, the best I can do to emulate that would be to put PPC in right and 2 smalls in left and consider it 'backward'... or to split the 2 smalls into both hands, which in actuality is translating well from theory to game, possibly better than both in one hand would. Other thing I've been looking at with serious face is upgrading both the smalls into mediums, dumping the 3rd JJ and recouping the extra yaw angle from that 'S' torso to other regular one, and then shaving off a half a ton of armor. I'll post both these concepts in smurfy form later on tonight.

The build is coming along well, in other words. I'm consistently getting 200-600 damage and typically 2-3 kills per round.

8. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Here are the two that I mentioned in the previous post:

s

m

9. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Been playing the shit out of this mech, basically exclusively. The 2 spls split into each arm (can't bring myself to put PPC in right arm). I'll post final build soon, then it's time to make another KFX build. :)

In the meantime, I'll post some nice camos I've been coming up with for KFX. I only used colors I own, the diff patterns I might buy a few KFX-S and one-shot with a couple of these: :)

[​IMG]

10. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

TC is better. 1x AMS is not too useful for this mech, maybe if you have 2x/3x AMS.

11. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Testing this tart tonight, the smalls are just placeholder, really testing the UAC's placement, firing cadence, and ammo.

Update - terrible, one reason standing above all others... the gun placement is practically in view of the cockpit so basically whenever you're firing that gun it's flashing half of your screen with muzzle blast, it's practically seizure inducing after steady firing.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  12. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Put the UAC5 in the arm then later.

13. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I've got to stop checking this thread. I don't know what I expect

Solahma likes this.
  14. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Naw, entire point of that exercise was to just see how the torsos were as a firing platform (not a lot of options in those spots, so just wanted to give it a quick run-out, didn't like it).

Well that's quite obvious... information, knowledge, wisdom, insight, enlightenment, understanding, perspective... perhaps even serendipity.

15. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

I'm mostly getting a 'stating the obvious after returning to game' vibe...

16. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Like I said earlier in the thread, after not playing for so long and coming back entirely solo, this is a transparent process... one that I'm simply posting for self reference or for others to use.

17. Brother Devastus

Brother Devastus New Member

If you have the time would you please comment my actual build?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    enileph likes this.
  18. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

I fiddled around with your build for about 5 minutes, here's what I got:

I figured you were using too much ammo, and the mediums I figured maybe spice things up a bit so I pulsed em. TC4 seemed a little steep considering your wep loadout and tonnage, so I shaved a bit off that. Also removed BAP, no need unless you like the quick locks. I kept it at 2 JJs and basically max armor, and gave it an extra heat sink.

19. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Was running similar build.
    I think 2 to 2.5 tons of MG ammo should be enough. Maybe you can get a bit of DHS with those saved. Rememver to activate the lowe arms for better arm movement. Usless for MG but userful for aiming those cERML with arms.

I also tried 4x MG + 3x cMPL (my original idea), which is nice also, but shorter range.

20. Brother Devastus

Brother Devastus New Member

ah i forget the actuators at smurfy link tried out with lesser mun but more dh and the cMPL its fun too

Soy likes this.