CDA-2B Speedy Rat (4xMLas, TAG, XL330)

Thread in 'CDA-2B' started by Durandal, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Just looking for some opinions on my version of the 2B:

(Note, it's not saving the heat efficiencies stuff I put in, but the sustained DPS should be closer to 4.30, since mine has Cool run, heat containment, and all four elite efficiencies unlocked for the 2x bonus)

Short description: Super charged 2B with an XL 330 engine, 3 MLS, and a TAG. With the elite efficiencies fully unlocked, it hits a max speed of 147 KPH, and can do some nasty in-fighting, as well as support.

Strengths: Fast, hard to hit, and great and hit-and-run tactics. Can easily get behind enemies and use the TAG to keep enemies marked. Extra heat sinks make alpha striking with the 4 lasers easy to keep going, even on the hottest maps. At top speed, this mech acts as a powerful counter to lights flanking my assaults, and can tear them up in short order.

Weaknesses: No ECM, so it's easier to get spotted while flanking. Extra heat sinks meant less armor, so it can't stand up to focused attention, and has actually been one/two shot by a double Gauss Rifle shot to the chest. Lack of long-range punch means that, against teams that turtle, I'm at an extreme disadvantage.

In a good match where my team is a proper distraction, I can easily break 500-600 damage with this little guy. I've had several matches where I've gotten behind the enemy team and used TAG, then timed my MLS shots to hit the back of the tagged mech just as the LRMs hit it from the front (so he didn't turn around and fire back). The problem comes that it's reliant on my team to have any success...playing with a bad team, I'm lucky to break 250 damage since I can't maneuver to the best positions.

Any suggestions on anything to do differently? I enjoy the build itself (and LOVE the speed), but I do kinda wonder if I could get away with one or two fewer heat sinks sometimes...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast