CDA-3M "Sentinel" (1x ERLLas, 3x MLas, ECM, XL340)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CDA-3M' started by Blagg Zear, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

As i realized that it is very difficult to fit in a tonnage.expensive autocannon in a 40tonner while keeping a speed at least at Stock speed, I simply focus on Laserpower. This is what came out from my experiments. You get Maximum Speed, High Armor (you can max Legs by lowering Arms if you like), high Range Attack, high Alpha.Firepower, high Cool Efficiency, Critseeker.MG for Sneakattacks on damaged Enemies, ECM. What else do you need?

Alternate "MG+AMS" Version:

Testrun:

[​IMG]

http://i60.tinypic.com/ta56y9.jpg[/img]

http://i61.tinypic.com/14mq4qb.jpg[/img]

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I would drop the MG. MG works well only if you have 3+ of them it seems. Otherwise you are better off just shooting them senseless with your other weapons.

You can use the tonnage on some armor and have your max speed with your 3xMLas 1xLLas. Sounds nice and solid.

At first I was thinking AMS, but you have high speed and ECM so you should be set.

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with enileph. one MG is not enough. It does help, taking out weapons that are not behind armor. But if the tonage can be used elsewhere better, it's not a bad idea. That said, a average build. 3-5

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Eh? I dunno. I tried Cicadas for about two days then sold 'em. Hated it. I'd rather run a light for speed or a larger medium for firepower. The engines required for real speed are too heavy/expensive, leaving less room for the firepower advantage I feel I should get in a medium. Moreover, it's a larger target than my lights.

SOOO... I'll stick with 45-50 ton mediums w/ more firepower that I don't even have the option for a larger engine so I don't feel like I'm wasting a build by not maxing out speed.

That said, I know plenty of friends who love Cicadas and if they're your baby, dig 'em! Run 'em! ROCK 'em!

However, there is no excuse for MGs. They need a real buff quick. The "buffs" they have received are a joke. Either give them a good crit modifier or bump the overall damage. (IMO)

Chatt.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Right now DPS of MG is the same as SLas, with shorter range, no heat, some low crit ability and requires ammo. I would say buffing the damage from 0.1 to around 0.13 would do well. I would love to keep the no heat ability.

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I would say buffing the Damage from 0.1 to 0.2, and raising the Crit.Chance would make a good deal for such a low Range. The DPS should definitely be higher than SLs. OR they add some Stack.Effect by more than 2 MGs.

7. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

But have you ever really killed ANYONE with a MG? I have once or twice... using 4 MGs in a Jager. I do, however, kill plenty with small lasers. I very well may be holding a grudge against MGs, seeing as in BattleTech they were always anti-infantry and we have no infantry in MW:O. If they weigh 1.5 tons for a usable ballistic w/ ammo, I feel they should have an ability more than crippling weapons once armor is gone... I'm the same way with flamers. They just feel so pointless... AGAIN, my own grudges.

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

No i didnt. Thats why i find them useless, but in this build i somehow felt the need to fill that ballistic slot, dont know whats wrong with me, when i made this setup. In my Hunchy 4G i indeed destroyed some components by shooting dual MGs with that BFG (AC20) together in Close Range, shortly before i could kill. So i think, combining MGs with BFGs is ok.

Blagg

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

*updated* (MG-Version now as Alternate Version + added Scoreboards)

10. CX 1237

CX 1237 Active Member

So that's what you ran in my latest game!

Got something very similair to your build, only I swapped on mlas for a TAG.
    Sure, not as 'urty but a little bit more versatility as I feel a speedy ECM mech should be able to designate targets for LRM strikes.

/CX

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

yeah you are eternalized in Screenshot No 2! ;)

12. romwyzard

romwyzard New Member

5/5,
    Best build for CDA hands down! Been playing it for weeks before I found mechspecs.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast