CN9-AL 'SPARTAN' (2x ER PPC + 2x MED PULSE)

Thread in 'CN9-AL' started by Tdog00, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Tdog00

Tdog00 New Member

The SPARTAN is a 'mech my brother and I came up with.
    It is designed around the idea of having a energy weapon as strong as a AC20

The main weapon of the SPARTAN is its dual ER PPC cannon arm. The CT lasers are there in case the arm is blown off. (We found that LRM boats and enemies in general hate that arm)
    The ER PPCs are intended to be fired together in a group (without chain fire) to actually deal AC20 level of damage.The cannon can be fired twice before overheating, at which point it is best to hide behind cover or the shield arm. Because of the range of the ER PPCs the 'mech functions at close and long ranges.(which is why no missiles are needed)
    The AMS is a relic from when far more LRMs used to fly through the sky (We haven't removed it from the design because the occasional amount of damage it saves you from is nice)
    The engine is still the stock one, simply because during designing of the SPARTAN my brother and I were to poor to afford a new engine.

[EDIT]: Ignore this section about the armor, I am incorrect about it (leaving it here for future reference)
    One note about the armor is that in MWO the armor on everything should be AND can be maxed, but for some reason the mech lab is miscalculating the tonnage of something.

Anyways, the build is somewhat self explanatory, it isn't very complex either.

If anyone has any question just reply to this, ill integrate the answers into this post

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast