COM-1D Marathon (2x MLas, 2x SSRM2, XL210)

Discussion in 'COM-1D' started by ThePansen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ThePansen

ThePansen New Member

After benefiting from all the great work done here for quite a while, I needed to get registered to post this build. It's simple and effective. 3 tons of Streak ammo and max armor mean you'll last longer than most lights.

I've been running it for some time now, with an average of 230 points of damage (according to my profile). I wouldn't have posted it but for this:

[​IMG]

Got lucky, I guess. Took out a Highlander, a Thunderbolt and a Shadow Hawk when everyone else was already gone. The Shadowhawk actually ran away in the end :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome on Mechspecs and thanks for the addition.

I think you can shave the armor on the head (not really a threat in commando) and the left arm, in order to mount a bigger engine:

Also, I'm a bit worried about the lack of BAP, an ECM will disable most of your firepower.
    Do you really need 3 tons of ammo? On most builds I see 2 tons for 2 launchers (I don't streak so I have no personal insight). If you can sacrifice one ton, you might think about shaving 1/2 more ton of armor to fit the BAP. You'll have to shave on vital mech parts though, not sure it's good.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  3. ThePansen

ThePansen New Member

Thanks for the welcome and the tips. I appreciate it.

I absolutely see the merit of both your suggestions. More speed is tempting, and I've considered putting BAP on the 1D for awhile. Right now, I try to stay clear of targets with ECM until their side torsos are softened up. In a 25-ton Mech, the 1.5 tons for BAP mean noticeable cutbacks in other areas, so I prefer to take my chances. And yes, I have run out of 2 tons of SSRMs quite often.

I'll give your first build a try whenever I feel like spending the money for the XL225. Dropping 20% of my armor and thus losing the Centurion-style shield arm doesn't appeal to me, though. But I'll keep tinkering, that's for sure.

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

To be honest, the second build was only posted because I can. That's probably not something I'd run, even though I'm concerned about the lack of BAP.