COM-2D "LRMageddon Ignition Key" (1x MPLas, 1x NARC, ECM, XL200)

Thread in 'COM-2D' started by Proximo, May 1, 2014.

1. Proximo

Proximo Active Member

This is my opinion on what a LRM Boat Supporter may look like. Keep in mind that this is only for pre made groups that comes with some LRM-Fatties! This build is PURE support, and the MPLas is just for finishing off an enemy which has already been heavily damaged by your comrades. When you NARCed your opponents and they struggle to survive as soon as fire rains from the sky, it's time to giggle like a little girl while u run to safety.
    Know your role as a Scout. You can be the KEY TO ARMAGEDDON!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome!

I won't discuss the choice of the chassis: you trade multiple energy hardpoints (thus maybe a TAG) for ECM, I'm not sure it's the best choice (ECM+NARC is better on a Raven imho) but...

Anyway: you have 0.5t unused! Do you really feel the Commando gives too much tonnage? ;)
    => Shave some armor (you're almost never headshot in a Commando) and upgrade to max engine

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  4. Proximo

Proximo Active Member

First thank you for sharing your opinions with me.

Let me explain shortly, i quit playing MWO uhm.... dunno the date but it was around when the "Cicada X5" was announced the first time. ^^ I just picked up the ignition key a few days ago.
    I already had 3 Variants of the Commando Chassis wasting away in my Hangar ;) (3A, 2D, 1D) And because I'm really into it i decided to tinker around to see how far i come with them.
    I picked the 2D variant because of ECM. But that is just my newbie opinion. I expect things to change, as experience grows.

PS: Excuse my bad english, it's not my native tongue

Greetings
    Proximo

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

ECM is a strong asset for a NARCer, so your "newbie opinion" is strong enough. ;)
    Unfortunately, the lack of direct fire power is a big handicap.

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Looks like it works just fine with single heat sinks.

7. Proximo

Proximo Active Member

Im Fine with it. The ability of being a "Ninja NARCer" makes this variant a great deal. The lack of firepower isn't a big problem, as i said I don't pug around with it ;) My LRM fatties melt most of the opposite team away :)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast