COM-2D "SHSly... Niche" (3x SRM2, ECM, XL210)

Discussion in 'COM-2D' started by Excalibaard, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

A stupid build where I put in FF for tonnage and take out DHS to get space. Yes, the Single Heat Sinks are (sadly) not a mistake. Enjoy the rambling in this post where I tear any hope you might still have to shreds.

This atrocity is basically a Locust 3S which is missing 15 kph and good quirks, in order to run ECM and have cringeworthy heat dissipation not even fit for a single laser. Oh well, your SRMs are your main damage anyway. IMO the laser does less damage than the extra ammo even with DHS.

Out of the little qualities this mech has, at least it runs on top speed.

And if you think you have too much ammo and want to cry a bit harder, try taking out .5 t of SRM ammo (If you play it well, you should be using it though) and use it to fit a small laser, to go with the volume of your crushed soul.

It was a thought experiment, and I'm mentally scarred for life.

(okay maybe it's not THAT bad, I don't have commando's to try)

((it very likely is this bad though))

Shock likes this.
  2. Shock

Shock Benefactor

That is the worst sales pitch I have ever heard ;}

From a build standpoint, FF only nets you 0.52 tons. If you go with DHS instead, at the cost of 1 point of armor and 1/2 ton of ammo, you can add a ML and be at 46% efficiency.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

I'd probably get more damage out of more ammo than a single ML tbh, and a single SL just has too little range and damage for the effort.

Fair enough, by quest for finding a use for SHS has yet again been thwarted, indeed. Only a specific Banshee that pretends to be a Thunderbolt has so far passed the test.

I guess the SHS version is nice for people on a low budget that can't cough up 1,5 mil extra for a commando.

4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

With DHS you get better heat, 0.5t to play with and more crit slot.
    Rathe be this: