COM-3A Skirmisher MKII (2x MPLas, 1x SRM6, XL200)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'COM-3A' started by Blagg Zear, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

For all the Pulse.Fans..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Excellent! 5 stars! First Rate!

3. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

I'm crazy in love with my commandos lately. The 3A is a very nasty variant and I was running 2x SRM4 with 2x MLas until now and I think I will switch to this setup.

Let's do some unnecessary, lame analysis here:

MLas have 1sec beam duration which doesn't seem much but it is when you're running at those speeds with that crazy turn radius. Obviously MPlas are a much better choice.

Also the SRM4 variant has one launcher in the arm and one in the torso which often leads to missed shots if you're doing a CoD. Better punch though.

So overall I think this MkII is better. I mean the SRM6 has lower RoF which is the major drawback but it makes you place your shots more carefully, and if you run dry (which can happen) you still have 2 MPlas do some more damage. Also you have to hump those legs because the SRM6 spread is pretty awful.

My variant is questionable! I removed some armor from the head (which is not really a problem imho) and 1 point of armor from the legs and the arms. I hate to do this but I really really want the additional 1/2 ton of ammo.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

also this is IMHO 4-5 / and possibly a 5-5 because it's the holy Trinity of COM-3A-Commando-ism:

DeBugger - Skirmisher - Skirmisher Mk.II

Need to test this thouroughly

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  5. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5,
    Goes with the new Quirks and is definitely a 5-5 now. This is what I run now and btw it owns face. Much more than my firestarters.

6. Tollas669

Tollas669 Active Member

5/5,
    Saw this on Moltenmetal youtube channel recently so i looked it up on mechspecs too. Still very fun build to play.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast