Confused about double heat sinks

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Vorus, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

I've never upgraded to DHS on any Mech, mostly because I'm a fairly casual player, and I don't have a lot of CBills to throw around. I was thinking about finally going for it on one of my Mechs, but I'm confused. When I go to the upgrade tab, and click on DHS, it pops up the message about having to take off all my existing HS, and I click OK. But then my heat efficiency drops, and my tonnage remains the same. (In particular, my heat efficiency goes from 1.34 to 1.02 on my 4xSRM6 2xML Cat C4.)

So, it looks like I don't gain any tonnage, and lose about 31% of my heat efficiency, which makes no sense. I'm assuming it's just a display bug, and that in reality, something else is going on, but I want to make certain before I spend my hard-earned cash. So any insights would be appreciated.

2. Tuku

Tuku Well-Known Member

Did you pull the heatsinks out of the engine when you you upgraded? Those would have been removed in the upgrade process thuss your drop in Heat Efficiancy because 1.34 seems a bit high for just 10 engine single heat sinks. Otherwise just put in a ticket and ask pgi support about it.

3. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

Hmmm, now I'm even MORE confused... :p

Not really sure how to answer, so I'll just revert to my standby mode of numbered points;

1) I'm pretty sure it's not a bug. I think I'm just not understanding something.

2) I didn't actually complete the upgrade, because just clicking on the DHS button changed my heat efficiency.

3) I don't know how to remove HS from an engine (Other than the 1 or 2 that it says it needs when I put it in.)

4) It sounds like you're saying that the upgrade would remove all 10 HS from my engine, which I could then replace. If that is tho case, am I correct in understanding that adding 10 DHS back into my engine would not add any tonnage, because that weight is already counted into the weight of the engine? If this is the case, that would explain everything.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast