Conversation about ballistic slots, no specific build...

Thread in 'Spider' started by Mootha, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Mootha

Mootha New Member

... just starting a conversation about what to do with the ballistic slots. I ran 1 M laser and 4 MG for about 2 games. It sounded pretty rad, but couldn't punch through a wet paper bag. Has anyone found a way to mount something useful on this without sacrificing a ton of speed?

2. Kargarok

Kargarok New Member

Not really, I was playing around on Smurfy, And came up with a single AC 10. Top speed just over 100kph. 5JJs. I might give that a go after a few martinis, but if I were to pilot this mech sober I'd go with MGs and a LL.

3. dbnator

dbnator New Member

I use 4 MG and ML but yesterday i try something :

210 Xl engine 2 MG's with 2 tons of ammo, 1 Ac2 with 1 ton of ammo and a small laser in Center, but no JJ's or ams :/ its a difficult mech..

4. Kargarok

Kargarok New Member

I bet! Kudos to you sir!

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I moved this to the Spider general section since it doesn't have info on specific build stuff.

6. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

Large Laser and 4x MG is the best bet for this 'Mech. LLaser strips armor, MG's cause Crits. As long as you aren't too worried about making alot of kills this 'Mech racks up the Crit bonuses.

Mythweaver.

7. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

So essentially a good XP grinder? I find I range from 400xp per win up to 1000xp per win depending on how well I do in other mechs; what is the average here?

8. Mythweaver

I don't think I've ever finished a match with less then 800XP on this build...as long as the match was a win.

Myth.

9. Mythweaver

I don't think I've ever finished a match with less then 800XP on this build...as long as the match was a win.

Myth.

10. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I ran a single ER Large, didn't bother with machine guns. I agree with the other posters; 4 ballistic slots is overkill when you can barely (if at all) use 1 on this mech with any sort of efficiency. Machine guns are not powerful enough to be the main workhorse of a build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast