CP-10-Q "FearNoGhost" (4xSRM6, 2xSRM2, 2xMPL, 1xERSL, LE375)
3.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'CP-10-Q' started by Alloh_BR, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Alloh_BR

Alloh_BR Active Member

So, I wanted Lasers, as I hate being alive but unable to shoot, without any ammo in a battle. I've been there before, last enemy almost dead, lost one torso, all red, but he still had small lasers, I had nothing...

I was experimenting with Ghost Heat, this crap makes no sense. 5xSRM6 does GH, but (4xSRM6+3xSRM2) that is the same amount of missiles, does not... and you can shoot faster. Also, all combinations with SRM4 face almost the same restrictions as SRM6, so SRM(6+2) is the way to evade "The System".

But later I removed 1 SRM2 and replaced 1MPL for the ERSL, for better heat control AND more ammo, freed up +3.5ton, More DHS and ammo and done!
    The ERSL works fine with the MPLs, good sync in range/cooldown/duration.

Finally I got very satisfied with this buid.

2. Looks like fun to play. How often do you run out of ammo?

Alloh_BR likes this.
  3. Loving these IS mech events.
    Thanks PGI for the quick MC and Cbills
    4xSRM6, 3xSRM2, 2xMPL, 1xML
    Had ammo left over with 6 tons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alloh_BR likes this.
  4. 5/5,
    Great brawler.

Easy to use.

Good alpha to speed ratio.

Alloh_BR likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

2/5,
    A lot of spread on the SRMs, mostly because there is a lot of tonnage put into the engine for marginal speed increases. That makes artemis difficult to mount. Desynced cooldown between SRM6s and 2s means the SRM2s will not deal their full DPS potential if you twist and wait for efficient salvos.

The lasers make the build less sustainable than the pure SRM boat with artemis. While having arm weapons comes in handy when fighting UAVs, it's not worth the lost efficiency. It seems to be a better idea to avoid ghostheat by firing 3+3 (or 4+3) in the 6SRM6+A (or 6SRM6 1SRM4 +A) build.

There are definitely worse builds, but for the role this one is trying to fill, there are also much better ones.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast