CPLT-C1 Improved Cat (2x LRM20+A, 4x MLas, 4x JJ, XL270)

Thread in 'CPLT-C1' started by morefizz52, Apr 4, 2014.

1. morefizz52

morefizz52 New Member

Here is my personal build for my C1. It happens to be my favorite mech I own, next to my Muromets.

It runs a little hot if you keep up the Mlas fire along with the LRM's, but I have found it easily manageable.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome on Mechspecs.

First thoughts:
    - 4t is kinda very low on ammo (on mine I load 8 tons, and I happen to run out);
    - not sure 4JJ are mandatory;
    - BAP would be a great asset;
    - XL270 is a very odd choice of an engine.

=> downgrade to an XL255, drop 3 jets (one is enough for basic mobility)(your priority is to shoot missiles, not to jump around) and shave little armor in order to load ammo and BAP:

If you're confident with less armor you can shave one more ton to fit more ammo.
    Personally I'd trade a MLas for a TAG, but that's another build.

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Nice! Seems like Grimm's updated version. ;)

here is my tweak, maybe you like:

or more speedy:

4. morefizz52

morefizz52 New Member

Thanks for the tips. I put a 270 XL in because it filled up the tonnage after I allocated the weapons. I had thought of dropping some speed for more ammo. I do usually run out, even though I am sparing in what I shoot at since I hate wasting ammo. Does the BAP do a lot for missile boats? As to why I have 4 JJs; with the change to the way they work I like the maneuverability of 4 vs. 1.

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

It does a lot, and in my opinion is a requirement for all LRM-boat.
    It reduces the time to lock a target. It also counters ECM at short range, so you still be able to lock and shoot homing missiles instead of being jammed. It also increases radar range.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

BAP is a must for LRMboat and StreakBoat. Counters one ECM, allows faster lock time, and longer radar range.
    IMO 1000 missiles is minimum requirement if you choose your shots, I prefer more. TAG is an acquired taste. It does allow for better locks and homing only when target is within LOS, although it does negate ECM.
    If you prefer +A, remember this upgrade work best under LOS.
    I suggest AMS, in the case ou get counter-lrmed you get some protection. This would also contribute to the general AMS umbrella of your team.

For ease of use I would suggest the build below. It has less direct MLas support, but much better at LRMing.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast