Cringe Build! - The Revival thread.

Discussion in 'General MWO Discussion' started by enileph, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Well, I'm just guessing at the exacts, but this was very close to what I am assuming was run...

My favorite build I saw during this weekend's shitfest event.

Again, not sure on exactly what engine, armor, or ammo count he was running. But the speed is close and the weapons are real. My little Arctic Cheetah was pleased to find him on the back lines of Frozen City and giggle. Fucking LURMs. :mad:

Rethinking it, I can't imagine - even in a crappy LRM boat, running only 12 volleys of ammo... Best min/max I can think of with those weapons if he's trying to stay in the back lines would be dropping tons of armor... I dunno... I just cored his back in a few alphas.

2. Shock

Shock Benefactor

That looks like something I'd run just to say I ran LRM100. It obviously wasn't made with efficiency (ammo, heat or otherwise) in mind.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

I mean, if you plan to stay away from any fighting and just drop rain from the back line, you could drop all armor and get a little more cooling and over 2,000 missiles... but why? Just why?! I hate LRMs in the first place, but when I came up on that mech Monday evening, I just ":thumbsdown:"

SkiDog likes this.
  4. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Saw this beauty the other day. We ripped off his torso as soon as he came around the corner... only to notice his build...
    :banghead:

[​IMG]

HctPeace69 likes this.
  5. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

When you're that pro, you only need one gun

ReconSaint likes this.
  6. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

7. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

IMO?

[​IMG]

Gneckes31 and ReconSaint like this.
  8. Aramuside

Aramuside Well-Known Member

Some builds just puzzle me - even the ERLL/ERML pairing in each arm are odd:

[​IMG]
    Also played very passively a long way behind us.

I'm guessing but something like this I guess:

Edit: this isn't even stock btw which imo is a bit better ... well maybe!

9. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

Hi. I didn't take any screenshots (because I was too lazy) but I'll talk about some builds I encounter a lot lately.

The picture above this post which Aramuside posted of that Kodiak is very similar to the PUG stuff I encounter. It is easier for these types of players to sit back and try to sting people with those ER Large Lasers or ask for locks for their LRMs than to actually move up and fight the enemy with all of their weapons. These people will likely stay behind the group and fight passively.

Cringe build #1: Builds with only LRMs (with maybe one single laser as backup)
    • These people will sit back and ask you for locks while you are stressfully making tactical decisions, flanking, and getting shot up. Even if they do bring other weapons, they don't use them because it's much easier to sit back hundreds of meters away, safe and sound, asking your team for locks.
    • People that run these builds should get themselves a TAG or NARC, some Targeting Decay or Sensor Range modules, and learn to actually play the game rather than their "I'm a lurmer!" philosophy.
    • Often times in PUG matches having one of these people on your team means one less person to actually be fighting. Sometimes the opposite is the case and these people can easily get the team free kills by catching enemies in the open off guard. But can you really expect your enemies to always be silly or make mistakes?

Cringe build #2: Only 2 or 3 ERPPCs on an assault with no other weapons
    • You can put 2 or 3 ERPPCs in a light or medium mech so why waste a heavy or assault chassis? Am I wrong?

Cringe build #3: The "sniper builds" which consist of 2 ER Large Lasers
    • I am guilty of running this build when I wanted to try sniping a long time ago but I quickly realized that for most mechs this is simply not a viable build.
    • The ER Large Lasers trick you on paper, and you think you will be an effective sniper. The reality is that you are underpowered, taking too long to deal damage, and likely running too hot depending on your mech and heatsinks.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Gneckes31 and HctPeace69 like this.
  10. HctPeace69

HctPeace69 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way! Did you read my MIND?!

11. Aramuside

Mmh If that single laser on a LRM is a tag then np tbh if they know their stuff. I am equally guilty to a lot of other people of not perma locking stuff - I try but a reminder isn't too bad.

I can't think of a single light/medium build which you'd want 3 ER PPC's on tbh - whereas an AWS-9M for example..... now two I thoroughly agree is the providence of a medium. ;)

Mmh 2 ERLL works very well on a light sniper where you can't afford the weight/heat sinks for 2 ER PPC or 2 LPL without killing your speed. Interestingly before they stepped back from the new Energy Draw system cERLL would have got a LOT better. cLPL are of course a lot better than the IS versions and indeed their own clan cERLL which is why for clan mechs its not necessarily a bad sacrifice sometimes.

That said its not like I see many Awesomes ever in Tier 1 for good reasons. ;)

12. Joe Bopper

I agree. 2 ER Lasers were definitely a solid light sniper when you're in Tier 5/4 ... before the nerfs... but after the nerfs I don't even think these builds are good in Tier 5.
    EDIT*** Lasers have been buffed

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  13. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Well, for things like that ecm Raven build I can understand.
    But otherwise it is a bit undergun. cerll is a different story though.

14. Aramuside

Strange because I see them regularly in T1....

15. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

I think he was talking about a heavy/assault mech armed with nothing but a pair of ERLL... which is pretty sad.
    Even for a medium you usually have some other backup weapons.

16. Aramuside

Oh no I mean lights only. ;)

17. Joe Bopper

All I'm trying to say is that for most mechs these builds consisting of only 2 er large lasers are not viable - only for certain mechs like a Raven or maybe a Blackjack. Especially since the recent changes to heat and etc

I'm sure they were more than viable in the past but I don't think so anymore

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  18. ReyWay

ReyWay Active Member

[​IMG]
    Hope the img loaded, how do you mount that little on such a large mech? Worst thing is that he didn't even use his medium lasers even when they got in range and he had almost no heat.

enileph and Joe Bopper like this.
  19. Shock

Shock Benefactor

I'd guess big engine, lots of ammo

20. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

What a waste of a King Crab. :'(

Joe Bopper likes this.