CTF-2X: Raw Version (2x SRM4+A, 1x AC10, 3x MLas, AMS, XL340)+Alt
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'CTF-2X' started by Rawdigga, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Heavily inspired by my latest achievement, the CTF-3D "Nasty Cat", I decided to give my first love, the Phract 2X another look at. Until that, I never really got along with the 2X chassis, because I always struggled with either firepower, loadout, or that darn 2 missile slots which I really didn't like. Then, with the 3D approach of a fast, hard hitting mech, I first decided to go for speed, and spend the rest of tonnage / slots on as much firepower as possible. So I came up with this version, which is pretty much like Arcwright's "Anger Enhancement" Version with slight weapon modifications.

The AC/10 Version looks like this:

The alternate LB 10-X version could look like this:

The free 1 ton and 2 slots may be used for additional ammo, or switching 1 MLas to MPLas.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Grinder37 likes this.
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure why you need BAP in this build, as you don't HAVE to disable ECM with your weapons. Also, the CASE is not required in the side torso with the XL engine in the mech. Also, I'm not sure the XL330 is the best engine for this mech. I wonder if a STD engine would get you better or worse results. Also, why use SRM6's instead of 4's, because the tube size of the arm. I think I would change it to this. If you take off the A+, you get even more ammo or DHS.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  3. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Just because I'm curious: does ammo not explode in a XL sidetorso?

4. uberkru

uberkru New Member

If your side explodes, so does your engine, which knocks you out anyway.

5. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

I know that this happens, and that is exactly why I need the Case, so an ammo expl. doesnt kill me instantly. I would say I need the Case even more in a XL than in a STD.

6. uberkru

uberkru New Member

Case doesn't shield your engine. If they side pops, your engine does too, with or with an ammo explosion.

7. Madgoose

Madgoose Well-Known Member

Quote:" CASE prevents internal explosionsfrom traveling past the side torso it is installed in."

Taken from
    mwo.gamepedia.com/Cellular_Ammunition_Storage_Equipment_(CASE)

8. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Regarding the XL engine concerns: my phracts almost always die to center torso blows. Mostly because I'm to slow to turn around for that stupidly broken lights that shoot my back with multiple MLas, or even PPC / AC5 combinations that I've seen. Or for that stupidly broken 4 ballistic gatling jagers that simply blow my center away without heat issues. I cannot remember a game where any of my phracts would have survived with a broken side torso. But I can remember alot of games where I would have done much better with more speed than a STD300 can offer. Therefore, I'm going for the XL and max speed approach. I'm having decent succes with my CTF-3D Nasty Cat XL320 Version, so that is my approach. If you don't like XL in a phract, change it. It's just my 2 cent.

9. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Removed the original flawed layout, and replaced the first post with 2 reworked layouts.

10. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Been giving my precious a little more love lately and managed to get some good games, working my way up till I finally reach 1k with it.
    Definitely possible if it wasnt for me always dying so early...
    Still loving it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  11. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Getting closer! Holy Batman I love my babe:

[​IMG]

Who needs Clanners anyway:

[​IMG]

The more I play it, the more I love it. Getting used to how I need to maneuver and fight.

12. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

Having played the "opt in - best player of each chassis" event over the weekend, I managed to reach Rank 6 Cataphract with 2041 points on this baby, playing exclusively my Raw Version the whole time. No consumables, and only the AC10 range module installed. I love it. Did some more screens during the event and maybe posting them as well, frankly no 1k damage match. If I'd had some of the good games I had with this layout earlier during THIS event, I totally could have been Rank 1 as well. Too bad I didnt record or stream the event because my graphics card broke down saturday and I had to buy a passive solution for a few days...
    I'm looking forward to seeing the quirks that the 2X will recieve, and maybe installing some weapon cooldown modules.
    This chassis has the potential to be a beast. Fast, hit-and-run, powerful, fairly cool.

13. Grinder37

Grinder37 New Member

Just a question. Why do you use SRM4s instead of 6s.

14. The Verge

Smurfy Repair Team Report: CTF-2X Irons Out Issues, Makes a Comeback.
    Back in 3048, The CTF-2X had only room for 8 total tubes in the left arm. During the 2 year run time for those outside the Federation, this problem was a vocally issue for many mech pilots, as they felt it under-performed when compared to the other variants. This lead to the development and spread of a factory 12 tube missile arm system from the manufacture in only 2 years to replace the left arm entirely. And they did all this as part of a buy back program, and didn't charge their costumers a single c-bill for the improved model. While it did take a while for the company to recoup the costs of this modification, Earthwerks Incorporated eventually made a higher profit than estimated from the chassis, due to the additional sales of the chassis, and improved word of mouth from pilots...

Aylek likes this.
  15. The Verge

My personal take on this mech, using that STD engine magic.

16. The Verge

4/5,
    My second favorite Brawler setup for this mech.

17. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I prefer a slower pace.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast