CTF-4X Grimm's Super Quad5 (4x AC5, 2x MLas, AMS, XL255)
5/5,

7 ratings

Thread in 'CTF-4X' started by Michael, Mar 10, 2013.

1. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

Good build? GOOD BUILD!

[​IMG]

How to murder someone without them fighting back? For the AC5s, one button chainfire, one button alpha. Hold down chainfire, press alpha every 2 shots so it goes 1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2. The enemy won't see anything until his CT explodes.

The only build I ever had that Atlai has to run away from me!

And you really need at least 7 tons of ammo on this. I run with 8 tons and had 7 rounds left at the end of the match

2. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

I have yet to do over 800 DMG in this thing without getting my A$$ handed to me, but unloading into an unsuspecting MED or Light and then watching them esplode as they try, oh so hard to run away... very gratifying...

I dropped AMS in my model for an extra ton of ammo... I like to dodge missles anyway, and I also tried it for a while without the lasers (better with them in my opinion), on big maps thought, I usually like to have 2 tons of ammo per AC5 since I use suppresion fire to give the team time to do their job.... but unless you strip a lot of armor, or drop the engine size, it doesn't leave much room for the lasers.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Stick with LRM boats and snipers, keep your distance and keep screaming "MID-LINE SUPPORT" to yourself. This mech is too slow, not heavily armored enough and uses an XL. Brawling gets you murdered.

However, if you can keep yourself about 400-500m out of the battle, you can demolish! Last time I ran this, (about 2 weeks ago) I was over 900 damage and forgot to screenshot due to my Scotch. (Basil Hayden is so delicious) :D

Moreover, switching to chainfire makes them lights SCATTER! Hitting a 150kph midget can be difficult with the alpha, but, a constant barrage of rounds all around them scares them away just fine! :D

I run without AMS, XL235, 2x MLas and 240 rounds of AC/5 ammo. 10DPS at 500m-600m is just SICK! :rofl:

Chatt.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Some UMAD PUGs before official practice tonight.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOM NOM AC/5s!

Running XL255 w/ 240 rounds of ammo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  5. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Stipped a couple things, repositioned others and i come to this other, with BAP:

And with XL255:

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

@Auriga, your STD210 build is invalid, you need at least 10 heatsinks to start a match and you have 8.

7. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Yes, was my day yesterday. I simply forgot everything except the weapons.... :blush:

Every Spec i played with, either that or worse things...... :blush: :blush:

Solved :blush:

8. Cpt Chattahah

Has anyone tried this build w/o MLas and added dual UACs? I haven't had time recently, but, I've been playing a lot of 2x UAC, 2x LPL builds and I'm curious if anyone has tried the Cataphract Turret as a 2x AC/5, 2x UAC/5.

Like so;

(or saving lasers)

9. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

In the 8V8 days, the 2xAC5 + 2xUAC5 build was the king of the battelfield, and I would say it easily outstripped the IM Chainsaw build. The problem is that you just can't carry enough ammo to get through a 12v12 match, even with losing the MLas.

You could probably load more ammo by switching to STD Heatsinks and a tiny engine, but then you have overheating problems, and can't make it to the engagements on time.

10. Cpt Chattahah

Sans 2x MLas, the XL235 build can carry and additional ton of ammo as per OP build. (totaling 210 rounds) However, I agree, that is not an overly abundant supply as I carry 120 for my dual UAC Victor and run dry at least 1 out of 5 matches. I was just curious on the DPS output capability as I have not fired up my 4X in quite some time.

11. Aware

Aware Active Member

Those were the fun days. The 2xAc5 + 2xUAC5 was a monster. Ammo was always a problem and in the first couple of days UAC5's were bugged for a bit with a really low jam rate. We used to tear up 8v8's with just 3 of these dropping together. This was also before ghost heat and we still had problems with overheating because you could sustain fire indefinitely.

12. PholkLorr

PholkLorr New Member

How do you guys play this build effectively? He's my least effective mech because it seems that 99% of the fights are behind cover of some sort. And my guns are so low slung even if i do get to see part of the guy my bullets hit a wall most of the time. I have to completely expose myself for my bullets to not hit my own cover... but it can still hit his cover.

Hes slow and has no jj so i cant even bring my firepower to bear. I think just 5% of the time (maybe 1 in 20 games) i feel happy using this guy when i go face to face with another mech and i can spam my rounds nonstop...except since my ac20s reload so fast my front is always faced towards the guy with minimal torso twist and i demolish him fast but am usually left half dead as well.

How do you all play him?

13. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

As supression fire (shaking cockpit) mech. Just expose urself and start to fire non stop in chain mode, when they are going back to cover, and they allways do, hit an alpha to increase slightly the dmg.

Its a support mech, if u get caught alone, u are dead like 80% of the times. Also dont expect to really survive a lot of battles, but, man, as u said, can be REALLY fun if u have the chance to go in a 1vs1 with a similar mech (this is, with aprox the same armour remaining or in a place whr things are balanced).

VanBurenPhilips likes this.
  14. Przemcio251

Przemcio251 New Member

Hi i was trying to build my Cathrapact with the following profile but i can't do it i run out of slots:( any tips???

15. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

show us with a smurfy link on how you are trying to build your mech, and maybe we can help

16. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

[​IMG]

As u see, im able to build it.

17. Przemcio251

Przemcio251 New Member

18. Excalibaard

You're going to have to upload a bigger picture.
    For now it looks like you're running Ferro Fibrous Armor which eats 14 slotsfor less value than Endo Steel.

19. Przemcio251

Przemcio251 New Member

Emmm don't quite now how to do that... any way i have the fallowing....

- Engine : XL 210
    - Armor : Standard (not enough slots to have FF)
    - Structure Endo Steel
    - Dubble Heatsink's

As for Equipment
    - Head : Ammo
    - Center Torso 2x ML
    - Left Torso 2 x Dubble Heat Sink
    - Right Torso - no equipment
    - Right and Left arm - 2x AC5 Each
    - Legs Ammo

20. Excalibaard

Your problem is the XL210. This engine needs 2 External heatsinks to be valid, which takes up 6 slots more than the build in the original post. If you run an XL255, that engine has 10 heatsinks on its own.

You can always click 'Full Loadout' on a smurfy card like that, it willtake you to smurfy's website and accurately show you each component of your mech and how to equip it.

Taking a bigger picture can be done by uploading a screenshot to an external site such as imgur.com and then linking to it with the 'img' BBCode.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast