Domination strategies (discussion)

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by anonymized1, Mar 27, 2016.

1. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

I am curious on the thoughts of the strategies, effective, or not so effective that Mechspecers have been using with the latest domination game mode.
    From my perspective suppressio, LuRM, or otherwise seems to be important for a win.

Just my thoughts.

Anyone else?

2. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Considering the size and topography of the 'hill' in Domination, LRM is actually a bit of a gamble, especially if you pull a map like HPG manifold. That said, it does seem to favor suppression face-time builds that discourage enemies from peeking and are able to maximize on mid-range brawls. The meta may evolve, but deathball is the old classic that never fails, it seems.

anonymized1 and enileph like this.
  3. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

2 pro strats.
    Pro strat number 1:
    Vote skirmish and avoid the trash game mode.
    Pro strat number 2:
    Play like skirmish even if it isn't skirmish.
    Bonus pro strat/tip:
    The preceding pro strat can also be applied to other trash game modes like assault or conquest.

4. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

I my experience all you really need is a light that can hide somewhere in the zone and the rest play skirmish. It's very rare to see the timer run out with more than 1 mech left on the losing side.

Personally, I think the satellite bases need to be made more important somehow. Instead of bumping up the enemy timer, destroying one should reduce your timer. otherwise, there's just little reason to ever bother with them

Azakael and anonymized1 like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast