Dragon Slayer "Dragon Hunter Mk.II" (1xPPC, 1xLL, 2xAC5, 2xSSRM2, 2xJJ, BAP, XL330)

Thread in 'Dragon Slayer' started by Aylek, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This build is based on my original 'Dragon Hunter' build and offers an even more flexible loadout. I mentioned this version in the old thread as well, but as it varies in it's main weapons I think another thread is justified.

It's the original Dragon Hunter as well as this build which led to the final 'klick' for the Dragon Slayer for me. I usually like using all hardpoints of a mech's variant, but not using the DSs' second torso hardpoint made the big difference for me here. Funny how small things can be that influential, isn't it? Besided the ovious sniper / poptart builds the DS offers, this build is the main reason why the Dragon Slayer currently is my favorite mech, possibly rivaled only by my HM.

This loadout grants a lot of flexibility. First of all it still allows for 20 pinpoint damage when poptarting by firing 2x AC5 and the PPC. Additional damage is possible when using the LLas and maybe even the SSRMs as well (obv. depends on the range). Secondly, double AC5 and a single LLas are nothing to be scoffed at when in infights or shooting circling lights. Add the SSRMs on top and brawling becomes very doable as well in this thing. Finally, mid range fights are where this build shines most, as all of it's weapons can be used there. The BAP helps with sensor range and enables the Streaks even against targets with ECM, but I could also imagine using an AMS if deemed necessary.

As the build is fairly warm, the key for sustained fighting is an intelligent use of the different weapons - don't just alpha away, but look for clear shots for maximising your effectiveness and cooling power. Sounds simple, but holds true much more for optimised builds like this where heat can and will be a problem when not paying attention all the time.

Weapon groups:
    (1) 2x AC5
    (2) LLas
    (3) PPC
    (4) SSRMs

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast