Dragons - MRM vs RL - What Wins?

Discussion in 'Dragon' started by The Verge, Jul 27, 2017.

Which will you chose?

This poll will close on Sep 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM.
  1. Rocket Launchers for the win

33.3%
  2. Medium Range Missiles make me strong

22.2%
  3. Why not both?

33.3%
  4. Eww... no thanks

11.1%
  1. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

Now that the new tech is out, and we've seen some good discussion on all of the tech, I want to build a few new dragons. Problem is, which do I chose for the missile hard-points?

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 01001101 01001111 01000100 Staff Member

3. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Why not both? you can't fit both! :D

Problem with a CT hardpoint is that you can't fit anything above an MRM10 or a RL15. So SRM4s in the 1N and SRM6s in the others!

DRG-1N with 2xSRM4, 2xSnPPC, and an LFE is very fun.

4. Anunaki

Anunaki Junior Member

I don't think RL's are good to boat or be part of a missile build. I am using them as a filler when I have some extra space and hardpoints and the reward is an oHH Crap! button that can turn the outcome of a battle. I try to save it for late game in case there is a lopsided one v one I find myself in for the game win. Hey, it's happened twice and paid off in the last few nights. LOL

5. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

This is why I think the Rocket Launcher could be viable on the Dragon. With the limited missile points, it opens the door to the OH SHIT button for some extra damage.

6. Anunaki

Anunaki Junior Member

Exactly what I am doing on my Thunderbolt 9SE, Heavy Metal, and Hellslinger among others. Only questionable one is on my Jenner D which I swapped out the SRM's in trade for RL's and there in picking up valuable DHS space to push the x4 ML better. I like it so much more now however.