DRG-5N "Scalpel and Hammer" (1x LB10X, 2x MPLas, AMS, STD 300)

Thread in 'DRG-5N' started by Weapon Omega, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Weapon Omega

Weapon Omega New Member

For those (like me) who aren't confident enough to run an XL engine in anything more than a light. Running at 87.1 kph with Speed Tweak you keep your maneuverability without the fear of being downed by those pesky side torso shots. But you're saying: "You're in a Dragon, that CT is all you have to worry about." You'd think so, but when the quirk pass came around, I found myself losing side torsos much more often. Now I can stay in the game and do a bit more damage before crapping out.

I only decided to share this build after getting a few 500+ damage matches under my belt. I'm still sitting in Tier 3 after a year (the very definition of average), so I'm being matched with anything from T1 uberpilots to T5 first timers, your mileage may vary.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

With that firepower your effectiveness is not much better than the fast medium with XL and the same load out?

3. Weapon Omega

Weapon Omega New Member

You're correct, it's definitely not a heavy hitter option. It's setup more for sustainability/longevity. You're going to stay in the match longer and should end up with a higher end-round damage total if you're a T4 or T3. But it depends on your play style. If you're an effective CQC brawler, this is NOT the build for you. It's built more for mid-range stick and move players.

I don't expect the build to be highly rated, since it's nowhere close to a competitive setup. I just wanted to offer a STD engine option for those who prefer STD or can't afford XL.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast