1. Thanks for all your efforts with rating recently! You have helped a lot with making this site more user-friendly! There are still many builds that have not received a single rating though, so if you see a build with no stars, you know what to do ;)!
    -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Dual AC20 = Waste ?

Discussion in 'King Crab' started by SuperPignouf, Dec 12, 2014.

1. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

Hi there,

I'd like your opinion about the King Crab and dual AC20. Initially there was a lot of hype around the idea of an IS assault mech carrying two AC20's but considering the huge tons, slots and heat requirements of the weapons I feel like going for an energy + missile + solo AC20 or dual LB10 based build is simply better to make that mech brawl effectively. In particular, I really feel like ghost heat harms the mech: firing two AC20's at once on a crab should not be considered as "lame" by any means. Right now I just see a lot of quad UAC5 Crabs.

What are your considerations on this ? Do you think adding a chassis quirk "No ghost heat from AC20" on the Crab should be a good idea ? Do you think running dual AC20 on this thing is still a good idea ?

2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

Most times i am forced to fire desynced to avoid Ghost Heat. It's still powerful and fun. But it requires good heatmanagement skill, coz it's very tempting to fire both at once, limiting your DPS awefully. You still can run Dual Gauss and Laser/PPC/SRM Combos if you want more sDPS.

Considering the No-Ghost Heat Quirk -- hmm, i would love to run it like this, but honestly, this would make the King Crab OP in CQC imo. It was a pain with the Boomjagers, but now with 100tons and enough weight for additional (pinpoint/crit) Firepower!? I think i would hate to fight King Crabs in any other Mech - even in an Atlas. I would rather have a viable Energy/Missile Heat Efficiency Quirk to make other Weaonloadouts interesting.

With Ghost Heat? Not the best idea. But still a good one, and one of the most fun.

SuperPignouf likes this.
  3. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Even desynced, dual AC/20s and anything else adds up to a lot of heat really quickly.

4. Blagg Zear

Since Release i am still playing/testing with Dual BFG only. Is it effective? Damn, yeeaaah!!! Just desync-fire and then you can nonstop pump 20 Damage Pinpoint every 3.3/2 seconds (Quirk + Module) into your Targets. Unlock Elite Fastfire Skill and you'll get down to almost 3/2 seconds. Just avoid Ghost Heat and you can win almost every 1v1 Battle in CQC.

Example:
    [​IMG]

Must say - it will be near impossible to get over 1K Damage with Dual BFGs, coz Reloading Time is relatively long plus if you are good at aiming at weak components you will kill damn fast with the Pinpoint Damage instead spreading like in Ultradakka-Builds. ;)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    epikt likes this.
  5. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

Nice score, nice game, must have been a lot of fun =) The build your using is "the crabbening" right ?
    The quad UAC5 build is surely effective, has less heat, works at longer ranges, and shakes the hell out of the ennemy with a good maccro.

6. Blagg Zear

ow tip: stick with other Assaults and then push aggressively. Enemies are too confused to see several Assaults suddenly appearing around the corner and then you won't soak all the enemy fire. It works. You can see it in our Assault Lance Scores. :)

SuperPignouf likes this.
  7. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

I've been liking dual gauss rifles instead of dual AC/20. It's slightly heavier and does less alpha damage and dps, but with negligible heat you can have secondary weapons that you can actually spam. I've been a huge fan of the KGC-0000 with dual gauss, 4x MPL, 4xSSRM2, BAP

8. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

I've had huge amounts of success with the Dual 20 KGC-000. I've one-shot light mechs running away from me, and that's the most satisfying thing about this build. It takes lots of practice, and a bit of luck, but once you start taking down mechs in one shot, your going to like the way the run. I guarantee it.

SuperPignouf likes this.