DWF-B "Five by Five" (5x cUAC5, 5x cERML)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Dire Wolf Omni Builds' started by 00ohDstruct, Jun 22, 2014.

1. 00ohDstruct

00ohDstruct New Member

5x CUAC5's
    5x CERML

[​IMG]

The heat is manageable for the DHS's with the CUAC's group fired along with either timed group fire lasers or chained.

720 ammunition is enough to do quite a bit of damage, and the backup lasers fill in when the CUAC's are spent.

One could also shave off a few points of armor in the legs to add an extra 1/2 ton of ammo for the CUAC's too.

Sincere apologies, Michael. I wasn't feeling good earlier when I began.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

here you go, one B variant 5x5. BC I

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Good nuff for me.

4. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

i did the same build with ac/5's

running the weapongorups like this:
    1. RA/RT ac/5
    2. LT ac/5
    3. MLas

if you put the ac/5's on chainfire you still pretty much shake your enemy cockpit nonstop and you dont produce quite as much heat.
    you lose pretty much no overall(or sustained) dps but imho its a gain if you have no jamming weapons.
    i also removed some leg armor to add another DHS

5. 00ohDstruct

00ohDstruct New Member

Well the idea of haivng UAC's on this Dire Wolf is not for a sustained fight, but for melting the face off of a mech during a push, or sending a lot of suppressing fire against a group in a short amount of time. The heat build up from the 5 UAC's is not so severe that it isn't manageable with a doubletap or three. The 5 ER mediums are there to either chain fire or to use as backup if a few UAC's jam up.

Using normal AC's, however, would be advisable for less experienced pilots who can't control their bursts well or gauge when to attempt a double fire.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

5 cUAC5 + 6 cERML

My variation after playing with Korea for several drops and watching him average 1000 damage per game with something similar. (actually went above 1000 damage at least 3 games in a row o_O)

Here are the major decisions for my variation:
    1) The Center Torso "Prime" omnipod has movement quirks where the "B" omnipod does not.
    2) The Right Arm "A" omnipod gives the build the option for Lower Arm Actuators which are particularly useful to get extra maneuverability out of those arm-mounted cERML. Keep your arm lock key nearby so you can lock/unlock on the fly when needed. Lower Arm Actuators are very handy when you are trying to do surgery on a certain mech component.

I initially ran this build with 7 tons of ammo and I have consistently ran out of ammo near the end of every match. I would advise at least 7 tons, but 8 tons seems to be the perfect amount to keep those cUAC5s firing for as long as possible. If the build is too hot for your liking, you can always trade 1 ton of ammo for another cDHS, but it won't help as much.

This build has averaged ~900 damage for me over 6 games so far. It's the most consistent build I have run in a Dire Wolf to date. It melts face very well :D

7. Cord78

Cord78 New Member

My take on this build.

little more ammo, UAc 5's and a TC1

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Just a taste of this build's potential. Watch how quick these mechs fall to its fury.

A proper video to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZDTURvLU9A&feature=youtu.be

9. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

it is insane, i know, but i rather go with 1 more heatsink and 1 less ML

not to forget with the A right and Prime left arm you increase your energy cooldown by an additional 7.5%, so all in all i think 5 by 5 is better

cord78, dont put ammo in your ct, never ever (if there is space somewhere else)
    the clanmechs might have everything cased by default, but NOT the CT

10. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I'll give it a try next time I jump into the game. The increased cooldown time doesn't effect the 5x6 much considering you need to wait and dissipate heat anyway. You will never notice the increased cooldown time because of that tbh.

I can see the advantages of the original build though, definitely. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

11. Rhent

Rhent Junior Member

Swap the right arm for a prime omnipod and you can spread out your ML between both arms and not worry about losing so much of your armament if you get torsod on the left.

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

you could do that. It would mean increased energy weapon cooldown time though. If you'd rather go down that route, I would highly recommend a Prime left arm and an "A" right arm to get the lower arm actuators. The added flexibility has helped me a lot, instead of always relying on the whale's horrendous torso twist angles.

13. Matta

Matta New Member

This build should be banned by law and constitution and ever mention of it should be sanctioned by death penalty ! :D

This build is pure awesomeness, face melter, law giver, pain bringer, grave digger, Chuck Norris of Mechs builds ! :phear:

Played properly, it will dish out so much damage it can turn the course of battle in a matter of seconds.

14. irbr

irbr New Member

15. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Maybe more ammo. 2 tons per gun is minimal.
    Was running with less UAC and more ERML, the Config A version RA allows for better arm movement.

16. CaveHermit

CaveHermit New Member

I build this variant for fire suppression.. Put the Ballistics on weapon group one chain fire.. Put the Energy on group two and chain.. And and your near heat neutral on most maps. This thing just throws the lead around.

17. Kiltedbear

Kiltedbear New Member

Did this change? because my ct's say "C.A.S.E protected"

18. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

C.A.S.E. doesn't protect your engine. Ammunition explosions will still damage the component they are stored in. Useful everywhere except for your CT and your Head.

19. m0nkeyduke

m0nkeyduke New Member

5/5,
    I run my Prime w/ 5xCUAC5 + 4xcSPL + shitloads of ammo and it´s ridiculous. I don´t consider myself a good pilot but this build brings EVERYONE into the 1000+DMG club.