DWF-B "Neverending Dakka" (1xcAC20, 1xcAC10, 1xcAC5, 1xcAC2)

Thread in 'Dire Wolf Omni Builds' started by skribs, Jan 7, 2017.

1. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Alternative title for this build is "Skribs, What the Deuce Were You Thinking?" This build is pretty simple. You get a big burst of damage when you open up, and then you get a near-constant dakka with a lot of explosions on target as you sustain. No Ultra-ACs so you never jam and the stream is constant. I tried to balance out the ammo so the 10/20 last about the same time and the 2/5 do as well.

You only need 2 weapon groups: all fire, and then the 2/5 combined for longer range. I tried to get the 2/5 to have a tad more ammo than the others. When I realized I had a ton free and added 1/2 back to the 20 and 10, it may have skewed it.

After several seconds of fire, this build has a few seconds where it's mainly the AC2, but it ramps back up as things line up again. Any time there's a cooldown period, they sync a lot faster.

Speaking of cooldown, this mech runs very cool. I can sustain for quite some time before I get a heat warning, and I can get multiple heat warnings before I shut down. I went over 50 seconds on Terra Therma with my alpha group held down before I shut down. Even when you shut down, you come back online right away.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

WTF Richard...

While I get the constant cockpit shake aspect, it seems like a very underpowered DireWhale. 4x AC/10s still shake constantly and still have a higher alpha. Even 6x AC/5s has higher DPS and we're not even talking UACs yet. I understand the troll build of shakage, but 100t could be used a little better. Light mech alpha, medium mech DPS, heavy mech cooling, with 100t of armor. Mix/Max over Min/Max fail. ;)

Maybe I just missed the point. :D Think you should do a video, Skribs.

3. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

6xAC5 is also 42 tons, while my build only devotes 34 tons to the ballistic weapons. That means more ammo.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast