Ember 'Little Cheese' (4x MLas, 4x MG, 2x JJ, XL295)
5/5,

5 ratings

Thread in 'Ember' started by Michael, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Feb 4th, 2014 (1738 Eastern Time): Added Ferro to the build which allowed me to shoe-horn in an extra JJ. The mech simply can't take another DHS due to the critical spaces all being used up by Endo and Ferro.

ALTERNATE CONFIGURATION A

Once you master the mech you can remove one of the DHS and add 2 more JJ if you want. You will have the tonnage AND the critical spaces.

ALTERNATE CONFIGURATION B

If you require a little more vertical thrust than you can always remove 1 ton of MG ammo (moving it to your head) and add 2 more JJ.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    triforceelf likes this.
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Where will the Jump Jets be, then, sir? :D The more I think about this, the more I want it!

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

It uses a single jump jet. Wait until Smurfy gets caught up then I will place it.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

For those who like stuff like this - this can easily be simulated using any JR7 or RVN variant on Smurfy's.

Max. engine size, max. armor (FF!), 4 MLas, AMS + ammo, 2 tons of MG ammo, 2JJs, 1 DHS extra leaves exactly 2 tons and 4 critical slots for 4 MGs:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  5. Bolththrower

Bolththrower Star Lord

Leg shredder 1.01 ^_^

After running it for a bit, can say i love it! Have 3 of these and something with ECM and your good to shred some legs and other parts of mechs. The extra JJ and FFA helps a bit as well.

6. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I think we'll see a lot of people actually stick with the flamers for this one, since the MGs can provide 4 DPS + crits with no heat. The stock build is pretty much gonna be a winner I think.
    Even so, dropping the 4 flamers for 4 mediums sounds even better, as it adds the range and dmg. Loving it! Will have to see what other variants come out though before I seriously consider buying it. Leveling up only works with three variants . . .

7. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

Why have one jump jet when you could have five?

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

11 DHS instead of 12? Interesting. I will have to play with it later on tonight after I'm done with family time and, as my wife calls it, "The Dean Show" (Supernatural).

9. Magnificent Bastard

Firing all 4 medium lasers ramps your heat up to 30%. A bit high but manageable (especially if you're used to 4 weapon groups anyway; 4 lasers, 4 machine guns, 2 lasers, 2 lasers). I like it although I am considering 4x small pulse as a possible solution to the heat issue.

Edit: On second thought the small pulse is too much of a downgrade in damage. I'd rather run away and cool off. With the current meta sustained engagements are discouraged anyway.

10. Killer Cat

Killer Cat New Member

Is there any reason the OP variant does not have FF armor? Adding FF and shaving 5 points of head armor means 1 more ton of MG ammo or another JJ

11. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

This thing wrecks.

[​IMG]

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

That was fast! You could have combined this in Grimm's entry though.

13. Magnificent Bastard

Another JJ in the OP would be good but another ton of MG ammo is pointless. 2 tons of machine gun ammo is a lot. I can't imagine a situation where you'd need another ton.

14. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I've changed the OP Subject to "Prototype" so that people don't come in saying "Is there a reason for this and that"... Mech has only been out a couple of hours. Those running it are working on optimizing it ;)

15. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Adding Ferro allowed for this 2nd JJ to be added but you simply can't add any more DHS with Ferro added because of the critical space situation....

Updated the OP with the above variant.

16. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

I did not see Grimm's variant yet, it seems solid as well.

17. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I've just added an Alternate Config to the OP; removing a DHS (once you master the mech) to increase your vertical thrust.

18. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

I don't have one, but I came up with the same basic idea as Mike. No ES tho and only 1 ton of MG ammo. Do you guys actually shoot out 2000 rounds of MG in a match?

19. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

When chasing down enemy lights just hold that damn right mouse button down to spray and pray. Eventually you are gonna start taking out crits on whatever you are chasing so yeah you can chew through 2000 rounds fairly quickly.

20. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Deadly mech.. 4 MGs are Much Kill! So l33t!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast